GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by geo1 View Post
    i cant remember if that year is included,but many will disable fuel system if theres no spark,so look into that first

- - - Updated - - -

2 more,check for power at coil,if no power go to fuses,if power goto dist.,other instead of bleeding down fuel,just crank engine,pumps always spin on cranking
    will i or someone near the tank be able to hear the spinning of the pump?

Jr. Mechanic

just found in book youre vehicle has the disabling feature,so no it wont spin on cranking if there is no spark,go to coil power wire and test for 12v

- - - Updated - - -

haynes book for youre ride has all the testing procedures of dist. and coil,im a one finger typer so it would take a year for me to give info,one thing,did you disturb the electric connector to dist.?check everything in vicinity of dist.

just found in book youre vehicle has the disabling feature,so no it wont spin on cranking if there is no spark,go to coil power wire and test for 12v

- - - Updated - - -

haynes book for youre ride has all the testing procedures of dist. and coil,im a one finger typer so it would take a year for me to give info,one thing,did you disturb the electric connector to dist.?check everything in vicinity of dist.
    all i know is i mixed up 2 wires on the distributer while changing fuel line started drove it back firing crazy for about like 3 mins tops but while doing all that fuel did spray up by the distibuter and stuff.... but by chance if you know the 4 relays im talking bout do you happen to know witch on is witch?

idk how much you read but distibutor does spin i did change the coil and no help

also im working on getting a multi meter i dont have one

Jr. Mechanic

relays are strong,and they have a fuse infront of them for protection,mixing 2 spark plug wires up seems coincedental,but fuel spraying,maybe?how is the button in dist.cap,the one that touches the rotor in center,is there spring pressure?

relays are strong,and they have a fuse infront of them for protection,mixing 2 spark plug wires up seems coincedental,but fuel spraying,maybe?how is the button in dist.cap,the one that touches the rotor in center,is there spring pressure?
    is it on the cap or on the rotor.. and idk ill check on that tomorrow though but just in case lets say no pressure what would that mean?

Jr. Mechanic

in the cap center,it rides on the rotor for timed spark for coil,im hoping for you that something just got tweaked,do check for the 12v at coil connector,that will rule out any fuse or relay,there are two items in dist.,module and pick up coil,with book in hand and multimeter,both cheap,should help diagnose no spark,hey stuff happens

in the cap center,it rides on the rotor for timed spark for coil,im hoping for you that something just got tweaked,do check for the 12v at coil connector,that will rule out any fuse or relay,there are two items in dist.,module and pick up coil,with book in hand and multimeter,both cheap,should help diagnose no spark,hey stuff happens
    ok so ill come back here tomorrow.. after i check the cap button thing... so i lift the cap up and its under there in the cent on the bottom of the cap correct?

Jr. Mechanic

yes,that and 12v at coil,good luck

ok not to sure bout how to test 12v exactly but but ill figure it

Jr. Mechanic

any news yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast