GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Sweet looking switches. Did you get them from the same place surrelalone did? What does the beer switch do?
    Hopefully charges the Beer keg tap in the backseat!!!

i wish i could come down there to show you how i did my switch. where mine is there is enough room, however they wont be to visible. the top there by the doom light might work, depends on a few things. i had mine apart, and i think its doable. the lens over the lights kinda pops out, then there are two hex head screws that you pull and I think then it will drop.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Yes I got them the same place Surreal did.
    The Beer switch is just there to take up space. I wanted to put in an extra one for future mods and I thought the switch blank just looked cheap.
    The only place on the door side lower panel that has any amount of space for the depth of the switches does not have the width. So I think I am going to make it "work" there. But I am still not sold on that location.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

FGing I don't do anymore.. But you can do something custom with Bondo and some wood work and still have a nice smooth spot for them..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

So I got them mounted today. Took a bit of cutting to get them to fit, but nothing a razor knife can't handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130331_093011_028.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	51094

i toyed with mounting mine down there, but my knees could hit them. now to get everything wired and have those switches do something!

Alex

If I mounted mine down there they'd be at eye level and blind me.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    If I mounted mine down there they'd be at eye level and blind me.

I didn't want to say that!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12