GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thumbs up Can anyone identify this truck?

Greetings!

First post! As you can see I just joined this forum to make this post and a few inquiries... So here goes. I have a new girlfriend and after touring around this new neighborhood for quite some months now i have given up and succumbed to my urges to ask about this truck with a keen eye to restore it.

Firstly can anyone identify it?
    THANKS!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130328-00201.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	51113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130328-00202.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	51114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130328-00203.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	51115Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130328-00204.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	51116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130328-00205.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	51117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130328-00208.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	51118

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It is a Chevy bed from around 75-78 Looks like a Furd front end not sure on that..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    It is a Chevy bed from around 75-78 Looks like a Furd front end not sure on that..

Thanks its definately a chevy bed cuz it says so on the tailgate. But is it a chevy or a ford truck? What model is it and ~ what yr is it thanks.

Proof Dr Frankenstein did exist.
    obviously a Chevy bed. The cab has what looks like a Ford dash. The only part of the cab /front that looks Chevy is the grill.
    It also looks like it has a PTO control in the cab.

Chevy rear end, Chevy seats, Ford cab - my guess is a 67ish fire truck...

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Cab and chassis, Ford, probably an F700 or F750. Year, - late 60's to early 70's. I have a '70 F600 ford grain truck, looks just like it. Also looks like it may have an auto trans.- Don't see a clutch pedal - maybe an Allison trans ? ( Have seen shifters like that one , hanging off the center of the dash - usually found in old school buses.) If it is an auto that would be somewhat rare for it's age. A chev. pickup box setting on the back WTH??

Thanks yo!
    Ok so i want to start budgeting and dreaming at the same time. I want to put a power house in this thing with room to grow(HP) Without shooting myself in the foot. It is a fair assumption that the engine is no good and i have a lot of work on the body... However wats a good engine to use and i know a fair amount about japanese cars but i want a big truck and this is PERFECT. Whats yall advise i do with her.

Thanks for identifying it btw i went searching and it seems to be a F700 1970 maybe

Did Johnny Cash work in a truck factory too?

Definitely a chop job. And a bad one at that.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Krushh View Post
    Thanks yo!
    Ok so i want to start budgeting and dreaming at the same time. I want to put a power house in this thing with room to grow(HP) Without shooting myself in the foot. It is a fair assumption that the engine is no good and i have a lot of work on the body... However wats a good engine to use and i know a fair amount about japanese cars but i want a big truck and this is PERFECT. Whats yall advise i do with her.

Thanks for identifying it btw i went searching and it seems to be a F700 1970 maybe
    idk if id do anything with this one lol stuff thats been slapped together like this, usually isnt really.... trustworthy lol. i think youre gonna just find more and more problems the further you get into it

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by