GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Chevy Grille Conversion ~ Remove GMC Grille

I want to take the gmc grille off of my truck and put a chevy one on. what parts would I need to do the swap. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky.jimenez View Post
    I want to take the gmc grille off of my truck and put a chevy one on. what parts would I need to do the swap. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!
    I can't answer that, but what I can say is that it'll probably help to provide the year, make, model, and (i.e. 2004 GMC Sierra 1500) that you have AND the year, make, and model grille to which you want to switch. With that information, someone who knows more about the grille/nose component interchangeability might be able to help you. As it stands, you've note provided enough information with which to work.

and what is the Chevy grill?
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by ricky.jimenez View Post
    sorry I forgot to! it's a 1996 gmc Sierra.
    And what Silvy year grille are you looking to go to?

It matters because you can't expect 1:1 parts interchangeability based on year. For instance, my 04 Sierra only has 3 bulbs in its tails ... while 04 Silvy tails have 4. The Silvy tails I can use on my Sierra are 99-02 Silvy tails -- which have 3 bulbs. (I learned this the hard way.)

Some parts are completely interchangeable (example: radiator and/or fan shroud, usually) ... and some not. I don't know what's involved on the nose or what is/isn't interchangeable.

I gonna piggy back on this(sorry). But I am looking at getting new lug covers, and I have a 05 Silvy 2wd with 17' OEM rims, and I was wondering if the GMC 6 lug cover will fit my Silvy. It takes the 6 lug cover. Thanks!

side note- I don't care that the covers say gmc. I'm gonna paint them black over the emblem anyways.

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS V8 4.8L Ext Cab Standard bed. K&N Air Filter, and Flowmaster Series 40 Muffler. 2 12"in JL audio subs, 1500w amp
    2002 Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 7.3L Diesel Short Bed
    2004 Chevrolet Suburban LT

i think they will go right on with those style rims.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers