GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Alignment factory adjustment provisions- 2010 Silverado 1500

What are the stock factory front suspension alignment adjustment provisions for a 2010 Silverado 1500 LT 2WD? Just toe, or is camber/caster also adjustable?
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

Legend

before you get an alignment make sure the strut springs did not sag. after you install new struts/springs then get the alignment.

when the front springs sag then the alignment will be off. not sure on the 2010 but toe and camber should be adjustable enough , as long as the front did not sag too much .

do you have tire wear issues ?

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    before you get an alignment make sure the strut springs did not sag. after you install new struts/springs then get the alignment.

when the front springs sag then the alignment will be off. not sure on the 2010 but toe and camber should be adjustable enough , as long as the front did not sag too much .

do you have tire wear issues ?
    I don't have any uneven tire wear. The steering wheel is very slightly off center so I need to center it with the tie rods and reset the toe. I just don't know if caster and camber are adjustable from the factory. Or not. Are camber and caster adjustable from the factory? Thanks.

Legend

if the steering wheel is off center but does not drift adjust the tie rods. no need to do a full alignment with good tread wear.

I have found most times the wheel is to the driverside when going straight on a flat road.

so you shorten the pass tie rod and make the driverside longer by about a 1/16-1/8 in.

rotate 1/4 turn at each adj. .

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    if the steering wheel is off center but does not drift adjust the tie rods. no need to do a full alignment with good tread wear.

I have found most times the wheel is to the driverside when going straight on a flat road.

so you shorten the pass tie rod and make the driverside longer by about a 1/16-1/8 in.

rotate 1/4 turn at each adj. .
    Thanks, but my question is whether or not caster and camber are adjustable on this factory stock truck.

my question is whether or not caster and camber are adjustable on this factory stock truck.
    Yes, it is. Frame angle is first measured, then form an average measurement, the caster and camber adjustments are made by rotating the offset cam bolt and the cam in the slotted frame bracket in order to reposition the control arm.

Henry
    2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500; 4x4; Ext. Cab; 5.3L FI

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BowTieFan1 View Post
    Yes, it is. Frame angle is first measured, then form an average measurement, the caster and camber adjustments are made by rotating the offset cam bolt and the cam in the slotted frame bracket in order to reposition the control arm.
    Thanks. Just didn't know if the eccentrics were already installed at the factory. Another car I own has complete adjustability but the OEM eccentrics have to be installed first.