GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rear Speakers In Pillars on 2001 Siverado 1500 Base 2-Door Standard Cab

I bought my truck with just the standard AM/FM Stereo radio. I'm in the process of replacing the right door speaker, no issues, I've found the cheap exact replacements through: MN Electronics.com. I removed the mounting bracket from the blown speaker. Behind the driver & passenger seats in the upper pillar, there is a grille for rear speakers on each side and the wiring is already present. The radio I have does not indicate in lettering a "fade" control. Though, the knob behind the tuning control does rotate and has a center position. My questions are, if I hook up a 4-ohm speaker (the speaker I removed from front door indicates it's a 4-ohm system) will there be power to the rear speaker at all? Also, what speaker size physical dimensions (OEM) fits in the rear pillars?

Thank you
    Last edited by BowtieChevy1; 04-01-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: punctuation missing

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I think the rear pillars were 4x6's not sure if the wires are powered. You could -just hook up any speaker to the wires and see if you have sound
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X