GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Custom Bumper End Cap?

So I recently failed an inspection due to a cracked front bumper end cap (plastic, chrome painted). Personally I hate the look of that piece anyhow, and if I must replace it, I'd like to change it.

Anyone know somewhere to get an aftermarket/custom cap that will fit in that space WITH the existing steel bumper? It could be plastic, metallic, whatever
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (13).jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	51148

They failed your inspection for that?!

LMCTruck has these for sale in their online parts catalog. They'll send you a free paper catalog in the mail for your model truck aswell.

Here's a link: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=16

#22 on the page is what you're looking for, part number 31-3616 $169.95

Hope this info was helpful,

-BFG-

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

StreetScene makes a cover for it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

that does help for OEM replacement, but know anywhere to get aftermarket/different style pieces made up?

I am surprised that they failed inspection over that. That being said, I wish that Michigan had some sort of inspection. It would take 1/2 of the non road worthy cars off of the road here. I was behind a Ford ranger yesterday that was side tracking so badly that the rear of the truck was over the left line in his lane while the front of the truck was all the way over on the right side of the lane. If you are looking for a custom look I would look into what @Enkeiavalanche suggested. It will probably be cheaper than a replacement and may look more custom

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I am surprised that they failed inspection over that. That being said, I wish that Michigan had some sort of inspection. It would take 1/2 of the non road worthy cars off of the road here. I was behind a Ford ranger yesterday that was side tracking so badly that the rear of the truck was over the left line in his lane while the front of the truck was all the way over on the right side of the lane. If you are looking for a custom look I would look into what @Enkeiavalanche suggested. It will probably be cheaper than a replacement and may look more custom
    Not to get off track but most inspections unfortunately wouldnt catch a truck like that as they dont include any type of road test. Just a minimum of inspection for lights wipers and emissions.
    I always assumed those caps were metal. Cheap tin or pot metal but in the very least metal.

Can't believe they failed you for that! Guessing the guy working wasn't in a great mood. I mean I know it's "unsafe" because it could cut someone, but that could have been a "just so you know you should fix this" kind of thing.

Not sure about the replacements, but I would get some silver reflective tape for that and go get rid of the "R" they gave you. Also, I would go somewhere else next year.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

I didn't realize it was friggin plastic. How very cheapo on GM's part. :(

- - - Updated - - -

whew, mine is all metal I think right? 2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 , now I'm gonna be lookin... wow
    Buy Made in USA, The job you save just might be your own.