GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also depends on the traffic you have to drive through. To be honest, my commute to work is 1.3 miles each way. My biggest traffic jam is if the cows are in a certain pasture, they have a tendency to escape and slow stop up the road until somebody gets out and corrals it back into the pasture..

I do drive light footed with the truck.

Although, this past weekend, we took a trip to Denver with my wife's equinox. we saw about an extra 2 to 3 mpg on the trip. The only difference was when we started out we got gas at the local shell station instead of the cheapy gas place. (Again differences here are minor... cheapy gas place gets his gas from the same supplier, as we have only one supplier of gas to our town regardless of the station type.) So our cheapy gas place has "quality" gasoline, just appears that the additives they throw in at the station may have made the difference. Or we had a hell of a tail wind. Who knows.

Made the entire trip from Riverton to Denver on a single tank We normally have to fill up in Fort Collins hour drive north of Denver). Sometimes during the winter, we've had to fill up in Laramie (Hour drive north of Ft. C!.)

Ok that was to many parenthesis explanations. I'm sorry. I'll go umm

Paul

'08 Chevy Silverado LT2 Extended Cab - AVS Hood Deflector, BedRug Mat.
    '06 Chevy Equinox LS - Stock! (Wife's car)

Default milage

hi all,
    i got around 16 mpg average on my first tank, but i am getting a little better than 17 on the fourth tank?
    kenny

well i've got a 08 with the 5.3 with active fuel management and i am getting around 17.1 mpg highway and city combined. Though bear in mind that is with the AC running most of the time. Not sure if having the condenser on affects the AFM system or not. for the most part i am really really lightfooted with the truck (drives my girlfriend nuts by the way) but i am still hoping to see an increase as i just installed an extang trifecta tonneau cover.

either way i have a 3 mile trip to my job at the lab so its not gonna break the bank if it stays around 17.

thats all for now
    Current vehicle: 2008 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4wd
    Former vehicles: 1995 Chevy beretta
    1991 pontiac 6000 LE
    1992 Oldsmobile 98 Regency
    1991 Buick Skylark
    1988 Chevrolet Celebrity

Default Thank you all!!

Thank you all for your responses!! Kinda seems like we're all getting about the same mileage with or without the active fuel management.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12