GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Does GM post driveshaft runout limits? 2010 Silvy 1500 2WD

Title sums it up. Looking for GM driveshaft runout limits for a 1-pc driveshaft, 2010 Silverado 1500; 5.3 FFV; 3.08 rear. I have checked AllData with no luck. Thanks in advance.
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

Try the FSM under driveshaft/ujoint repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    Title sums it up. Looking for GM driveshaft runout limits for a 1-pc driveshaft, 2010 Silverado 1500; 5.3 FFV; 3.08 rear. I have checked AllData with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by redvett View Post
    Try the FSM under driveshaft/ujoint repair.
    If I had an FSM....

If you doing any work on your truck you need a FSM the rest are poor at best.

If I had an FSM....

Sr. Apprentice

Be that as it may, I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars on an FSM just to see if it's got this specification listed.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have the factory service manuals for the Silverado, but it's an 05 and I doubt it would be the same.....

Stop at the Chevy dealer and have them pull it up, some will do it and some won't....
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I have the factory service manuals for the Silverado, but it's an 05 and I doubt it would be the same.....

Stop at the Chevy dealer and have them pull it up, some will do it and some won't....
    You know, that's not a bad idea. As I become an older fart I can usually get away with something like that.

Legend

Be that as it may, I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars on an FSM just to see if it's got this specification listed.
    the OEM shop manuals are not that expensive . your question here , and the other questions you have , would be best answered with your having this manual. changes are made from year to year and even the shop manual with out the TSB as backup to changes would be the proper way to insure you have the correct data.

If you plan on keeping this vehicle for several years you will save far more than the cost of having that information , also with a proper repair, since you will have the torque spec's and most procedures on breakdown of the components. you will know more about your vehicle than the repair shop if you study this info with the proper education / ability to understand the data.

with your questions you may find these manuals a good read .

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    the OEM shop manuals are not that expensive . your question here , and the other questions you have , would be best answered with your having this manual. changes are made from year to year and even the shop manual with out the TSB as backup to changes would be the proper way to insure you have the correct data.

If you plan on keeping this vehicle for several years you will save far more than the cost of having that information , also with a proper repair, since you will have the torque spec's and most procedures on breakdown of the components. you will know more about your vehicle than the repair shop if you study this info with the proper education / ability to understand the data.

with your questions you may find these manuals a good read .
    Manuals, manuals, manuals. I do enjoy reading technical manuals, and I can't tell you how many I have stacked up for all of the cars, motorcycles, tractors, boats, outboard motors, props, leaf blowers, chain saws, weed whackers, gas grills, lawn mowers, and every and all household appliances and electronic entertainment devices and computers I have had. So thanks again for the advice. How about the expectation that anyone might know the answer to a pretty basic technical question, other than what freaking armorall won't make running boards slippery, or what kind of tires look coolest? I went ahead and subscribed to Alldata after nobody could answer what the factory alignment adjustment provisions were on a Silverado and got that answered. And the answer to the driveshaft runout spec is that GM doesn't list it, unless someone wants to prove otherwise. So right now I'm not going to run out and spend yet more money on another manual, and will attempt in the meantime to mine the vast knowledge (?) available on this and other enthusiast forums.

Legend

Manuals, manuals, manuals. I do enjoy reading technical manuals, and I can't tell you how many I have stacked up for all of the cars, motorcycles, tractors, boats, outboard motors, props, leaf blowers, chain saws, weed whackers, gas grills, lawn mowers, and every and all household appliances and electronic entertainment devices and computers I have had. So thanks again for the advice. How about the expectation that anyone might know the answer to a pretty basic technical question, other than what freaking armorall won't make running boards slippery, or what kind of tires look coolest? I went ahead and subscribed to Alldata after nobody could answer what the factory alignment adjustment provisions were on a Silverado and got that answered. And the answer to the driveshaft runout spec is that GM doesn't list it, unless someone wants to prove otherwise. So right now I'm not going to run out and spend yet more money on another manual, and will attempt in the meantime to mine the vast knowledge (?) available on this and other enthusiast forums.
    since your into ALLDATA then you have payed for the info needed to repair your vehicle and also keep it working correctly. now when someone asks a weird question you can post useful info to help our fellow members as well as your self.

forums like this are good if having a manual or alldata and your still having issues resolving a failure of some kind.