GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    42

    Default Does GM post driveshaft runout limits? 2010 Silvy 1500 2WD

    Title sums it up. Looking for GM driveshaft runout limits for a 1-pc driveshaft, 2010 Silverado 1500; 5.3 FFV; 3.08 rear. I have checked AllData with no luck. Thanks in advance.
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

  2. #2

    Default

    Try the FSM under driveshaft/ujoint repair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    Title sums it up. Looking for GM driveshaft runout limits for a 1-pc driveshaft, 2010 Silverado 1500; 5.3 FFV; 3.08 rear. I have checked AllData with no luck. Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redvett View Post
    Try the FSM under driveshaft/ujoint repair.
    If I had an FSM....
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

  4. #4

    Default

    If you doing any work on your truck you need a FSM the rest are poor at best.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    If I had an FSM....

  5. #5
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Be that as it may, I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars on an FSM just to see if it's got this specification listed.
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

  6. #6
    Legend
    TRPLXL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    3,357
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    I have the factory service manuals for the Silverado, but it's an 05 and I doubt it would be the same.....

    Stop at the Chevy dealer and have them pull it up, some will do it and some won't....
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

  7. #7
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I have the factory service manuals for the Silverado, but it's an 05 and I doubt it would be the same.....

    Stop at the Chevy dealer and have them pull it up, some will do it and some won't....
    You know, that's not a bad idea. As I become an older fart I can usually get away with something like that.
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

  8. #8
    Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    everett, massachusetts
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    Be that as it may, I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars on an FSM just to see if it's got this specification listed.
    the OEM shop manuals are not that expensive . your question here , and the other questions you have , would be best answered with your having this manual. changes are made from year to year and even the shop manual with out the TSB as backup to changes would be the proper way to insure you have the correct data.

    If you plan on keeping this vehicle for several years you will save far more than the cost of having that information , also with a proper repair, since you will have the torque spec's and most procedures on breakdown of the components. you will know more about your vehicle than the repair shop if you study this info with the proper education / ability to understand the data.

    with your questions you may find these manuals a good read .

  9. #9
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    the OEM shop manuals are not that expensive . your question here , and the other questions you have , would be best answered with your having this manual. changes are made from year to year and even the shop manual with out the TSB as backup to changes would be the proper way to insure you have the correct data.

    If you plan on keeping this vehicle for several years you will save far more than the cost of having that information , also with a proper repair, since you will have the torque spec's and most procedures on breakdown of the components. you will know more about your vehicle than the repair shop if you study this info with the proper education / ability to understand the data.

    with your questions you may find these manuals a good read .
    Manuals, manuals, manuals. I do enjoy reading technical manuals, and I can't tell you how many I have stacked up for all of the cars, motorcycles, tractors, boats, outboard motors, props, leaf blowers, chain saws, weed whackers, gas grills, lawn mowers, and every and all household appliances and electronic entertainment devices and computers I have had. So thanks again for the advice. How about the expectation that anyone might know the answer to a pretty basic technical question, other than what freaking armorall won't make running boards slippery, or what kind of tires look coolest? I went ahead and subscribed to Alldata after nobody could answer what the factory alignment adjustment provisions were on a Silverado and got that answered. And the answer to the driveshaft runout spec is that GM doesn't list it, unless someone wants to prove otherwise. So right now I'm not going to run out and spend yet more money on another manual, and will attempt in the meantime to mine the vast knowledge (?) available on this and other enthusiast forums.
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

  10. #10
    Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    everett, massachusetts
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    Manuals, manuals, manuals. I do enjoy reading technical manuals, and I can't tell you how many I have stacked up for all of the cars, motorcycles, tractors, boats, outboard motors, props, leaf blowers, chain saws, weed whackers, gas grills, lawn mowers, and every and all household appliances and electronic entertainment devices and computers I have had. So thanks again for the advice. How about the expectation that anyone might know the answer to a pretty basic technical question, other than what freaking armorall won't make running boards slippery, or what kind of tires look coolest? I went ahead and subscribed to Alldata after nobody could answer what the factory alignment adjustment provisions were on a Silverado and got that answered. And the answer to the driveshaft runout spec is that GM doesn't list it, unless someone wants to prove otherwise. So right now I'm not going to run out and spend yet more money on another manual, and will attempt in the meantime to mine the vast knowledge (?) available on this and other enthusiast forums.
    since your into ALLDATA then you have payed for the info needed to repair your vehicle and also keep it working correctly. now when someone asks a weird question you can post useful info to help our fellow members as well as your self.

    forums like this are good if having a manual or alldata and your still having issues resolving a failure of some kind.

Similar Threads

  1. New GM CFO’s pay exceeds government limits
    By Steve in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 02:21 AM
  3. 2007 Suburban c 1500 Driveshaft +
    By ez g in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. Battery (?) problems on an 02 1500 Silvy
    By NRAsticker in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 08:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •