GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 2004 Silverado Z71, 30mm front sway bar???

Ordered 32mm replacement poly bushings only to find out I have a 30mm bar, and no one has listings for this bar up North in Canada...

Anyone ever here of this before? why would the Z71 I have get a smaller front sway bar then anything else?
    '04 Silverado Z71 Special Edition
    '81 Camaro - 400 SBC - 30 Over - th350 w/Stage II shifter - 4.10's
    '70.5 Camaro - Bone Stock

'75 Porsche 914
    '27 Model T

Default sway bar items

It's interesting you just posted this, as I just came across a similar situation with mine. Beginning in '01, 1500 series Silverados were supposed to have a 1.42" (36mm) front sway bar, regardless of any other configuration. My 2001 truck, made in Canada in 9/00, got the older 1.14" (29mm, but often referred to as 30mm) bar. I replaced my bushings and end links just three days ago with the "1.13" kit, and what a difference it made in the precision of the steering. I did not have a real problem prior, no wandering or constantly having to correct the steering, yet I still noticed a large improvement in stability and precise steering.

Go to ebay and look up item 390510156073. They will ship free, worldwide. The item can also be found on Amazon, and at autozone. BE SURE not to rely on the listng by year and model, as I have seen this item crosslisted for the same years/models right along with the 36mm item. Get the one that closely matches the precise measurement of your sway bar, which I think you will find is 1.14"

Good luck,
    Jim
    Las Vegas

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

One of the first things I do when I get a new Truck is replace the GM Sway bars. My last Av had Hotchkis and my 08 had Hellwig.. Both much better and thicker then GM's so much better handling.. A joy to Drive...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by browenb View Post
    Ordered 32mm replacement poly bushings only to find out I have a 30mm bar, and no one has listings for this bar up North in Canada...

Anyone ever here of this before? why would the Z71 I have get a smaller front sway bar then anything else?
    If your ordering these parts you must measure the DIA. of the sway bar first.