GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Need help deciding on tire size and wheel combo

Hey everyone my name is Tom. I'm new to this forum and new to 4 wheel drives. I've always had 2 wheel drive trucks and the sport look. I just purchased a 2013 chevy crew cab truck graystone metallic 4 wheel drive with the all star package. Basically the black door handles with the 17 aluminum wheels. I have to say the wheels are not much to look at.
    I need some advice on what type of wheels and tire to put on it. I wont be lifting it, its going to be my everyday driver. I was thinking going 18's with an all terrain tire for it, and then i was thinking maybe i should try and contact a chevy dealer and try to get the 20's chrome clad wheels . I just dont know what to do. I appreciate any advice that someone can give. Thankyou, Tom

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

First off Welcome..Where are you from?

Ok Next never buy from the dealer what you can find on Ebay or Craigslist for 1/2 the price..Nice sounding ride..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Welcome, Tom!

Welcome to the club Tom, it's great to have you aboard. I buy everything from the Dealer that I can because of the much better quality and I want my truck to remain a quality truck. I think the GM dealer has a good choice of wheel styles and mine were actually cheaper than the ones I was looking at online.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the Club from another Tom. Sounds like you have a great ride.

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Hi all its nice to see you all here and i hope you all feels good to join this site,.
    Keep stay here and keep shared with each others,.
    I am also a new member of this site,.

welcome to gmtc. I would check craigslist in your area. The dealers near me post new "take offs" all the time at a good price. Most the time it is from a truck that they put custom rims and tires on and want to get rid of the old ones.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our forum and changed the title to more match your topic. This should help in getting you more responses and opinions related to you question.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I myself prefer 17 - 18" rims.... just seems like a nice balance of rim to rubber. Also' you have a larger assortment of tires that are in my budget range. Rims and tires can be one of the biggest changes to your truck. With rims and tires stick with the better name brands and you won't go wrong.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by