GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default LSA crate drive train

I am sitting here watching the PowerBlock on Spike as I do most weekends. They just showed that GM Performance is now offering an LSA with 4l85E. That is the same drive train that is in the ZL1 Camaro. Not only does the kit come with engine/tranny it also includes all the extra stuff to make them run!!
    http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance...FQ7znAoduHwAiw

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

and all for the low low price of $17,252.99....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yeah If I would have had crazy money when doing my swap, I would have actually bought a 572 GMPP fuel injected engine for $14,000 and got a 4l80e and been perfectly happy. Total horsepower 825 dyno proven. But that LSA is very very nice.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Those kits are crazy expensive but GM doesnt have a problem selling them theres custom car builders that have no problem parting with that kind of money for a drop in kit that can be assembled and running in 2 days. It makes engine conversions a snap and theres a lot of customers out there willing to pay for that ease.

Sr. Apprentice

I wish I was one of the custom car builders that have no problem affording those engines but I'm just a poor boy.