GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default couple stupid questions

I waaannt to buy a c10 again and Beable to take it places a 2wd couldn't easily go .. like up into some property where I can ride quads dirt bikes etc even when its somewhat muddy.. but I'm not going to lift it and I want it to appear to be a 2wd ..and put some torque thrust 2s or D's I forget what the ones I like are actually called. But idk what the 4wd front spindles really look like or even if theyre 5 or 6 lug..so do they make spindles that I could put normal 2wd wheels on? Or do they make the wheels with bigger middle holes for spindle ? Or? And do all 4wd c10s have the straight axle and leafs up front? I'll look into it but thought it would be easier just to ask everything rather than search for an hour haha :p I would lobe to have the astro supremes on there but I doubt they make any to fit the spindle of 4wd.. and what gears would u recommend for that type of thing ? I had a c10 with 3:73 gears and it still wasn't as low as I like.. I Want to use 700r4 .. also how ling does it take for this site to delete account? Had one few years ago with pics if my old trucks and kinda want to use that account and find my old pics
    Last edited by kurt2013; 04-08-2013 at 04:15 PM.

What year c10 are we talking bout here? And if your wanting a 4wd it would need to be a k10

- - - Updated - - -

Also gm 4wds were solid axle up to 87
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

73-87 . I haven't seen any 'stock' 4wd k10s but I see some if the lifted Ines and I definetly dint like how u can see leafs up front and straight axle showing , I'd do or buy whatever it took to fix that . Its pretty much going to be a project for future use I have time now and property and I haven't even bought dirt bikes or anything yet .. just would like to have a 2wd looking truck if anything lower than stock but have 4wd option but if axle and leafs aren't visible really original height I could handle it being therd

Where are you located I know of tons of k10 in that year. If you really want a project I can sell you one of my 87 k30s before its becomes a parts truck. And leafs are gunna show can't do much about that. If you want it back to stock buy stock leafs

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Where are you located I know of tons of k10 in that year. If you really want a project I can sell you one of my 87 k30s before its becomes a parts truck. And leafs are gunna show can't do much about that. If you want it back to stock buy stock leafs
    Northern California . Is it a short bed? I'm looking for pre smog or diesel short bed only I don't want anything that has been wheeld too hard either I have to have perfect frame nothing flexed out haha I am picky .. body can be shot for all I care tho

No the ones that has a diesel is the one I'm building the others are 454 long beds. Look in the mountains man they are everywhere

No the ones that has a diesel is the one I'm building the others are 454 long beds. Look in the mountains man they are everywhere
    Yah guess ill just pick up a 2 wd.. having four wheel drive would b nice but them hubs and leafs in front are ugly. Thanks tho

If you wanna spend lots of money you can go 4 link with coil overs and have a nasty off road vehicle and a better ride. And you can't get around having hubs on an old 4wd.

If you wanna spend lots of money you can go 4 link with coil overs and have a nasty off road vehicle and a better ride. And you can't get around having hubs on an old 4wd.
    Nah I was thinkinng like torsion bars from a newer Chevy like 90s if they even had them . But ya guess I'm gonna either just get my two wheel Chevy and buy a Toyota or just buy a lifted Chevy idk yet ..

Jr. Apprentice

If you are avoiding 4wd because of how the springs look, you may want to reconsider. The old straight axle 4wd will take you where ever you want to go, 2wd will limit you pretty quickly. I have a 964wd but I know that my old 96 Jeep Cherokee(straight axle front and rear) will go where ever my heart desires. In general, straight axles are stronger, ride alittle rougher, and cut down on ground clearance up front..............but with a good lift, bigger tires, and lockers you will be surprised what you can accomplish.