GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Running out of ideas. All feedback is welcome

Since I'm done with my c 10 which is where all my money has gone lately. I'm wanting to do a little work on the silverado. This is how it sits as of now. Any and all comments are welcome. I won't be offended
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

im assuming you are trying to stay blacked out. personally, id add a touch of color here and there, but thats up to you. maybe some more lights?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

If LED light bars weren't so exoensive I'd have one behind the grille. I'm looking into that but that's expensive and I think I wanna lift it first I just can't decide how tall or what company. And I've always done either all black or black and red so there might be some red in the future. Other than shackles I don't know where I'd put red though.( on the outside)

Maybe some fender flares... If it were mine I accent flat and gloss black. Maybe even a cowl induction hood.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Maybe some fender flares... If it were mine I accent flat and gloss black. Maybe even a cowl induction hood.
    My hoods a true ram air. Actually start mocking up a good way to seal it with my intake box
    and fender flares is a good idea I just don't have the offset for them right now. Once I lift ill look into it
    actually I see in your sig you have the rksports ram air. That's what mine is just for the 1500

i think if done correctly this could look awesome. also i don't know if your against adding color to your rims. but id agree red shackles, possibly some red detail on the hood like stripes or something, carried over the truck and possibly a tonneau cover, and finally in the recessed grooves in your rims some red as well. it could be a drastic change. and maybe a bit much but could always be done with vinyl to see how it looks. who knows maybe even door handles and tailgate handle.

on a side note, i used to have a red 04 Silverado and i was adding all black stuff cause every red truck i saw had chrome on it. and i agree the red and black looks great on trucks if its done right

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    My hoods a true ram air. Actually start mocking up a good way to seal it with my intake box
    and fender flares is a good idea I just don't have the offset for them right now. Once I lift ill look into it
    actually I see in your sig you have the rksports ram air. That's what mine is just for the 1500
    I missed the hood... guess because I'm usually accessing the site via my phone. What ever you do try to make it yours... as individual as yourself. Your truck looks great... keep in mind little details can sometimes make the biggest impact...))

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    If LED light bars weren't so exoensive I'd have one behind the grille. I'm looking into that but that's expensive and I think I wanna lift it first I just can't decide how tall or what company. And I've always done either all black or black and red so there might be some red in the future. Other than shackles I don't know where I'd put red though.( on the outside)
    The truck desperately needs contrast. The bumper makes the nose look longer than it should. The grille makes it look wider than it should. The only defined colour contrast you have is the ugly amber next to chrome from the headlights, and because it sits alone as a colour on a black backdrop it screams 'hey look at these ugly amber reflectors!'

Bits of contrasting colour (whether, red, chrome or what have you) to keep the eye fixated or moving where you want it will keep the eye from wandering forward or wide in places where it shouldn't. Besides, if all you've done is black/red perhaps it's time to try something new???

Beyond that, I believe your first stop should be to work the fairlead into whatever colour-scheme you intend to do. Perhaps that means getting it anodized, perhaps it means a paint-matched custom cover for it, or perhaps something else, entirely. As it is, it sticks out almost as much as the amber reflectors ... but not as much because it's effectively a shade of gray (what I lovingly refer to as 'light black').

I think the second stop should be to fill your light slots in the front bumper, as it looks incomplete with empty eye sockets. (Frankly, any/every time I see those bumpers without fairleads and/or lights filling them up, it makes me want to kick a puppy ... because it's just wrong like that.)

If your tint is super dark you might consider some Dually flush-mounts in the rear bumper ... and tie them into the reverse circuit ... so you can actually see when backing up, without a backup cam.

You can suss out your lift/leveling situation while you work on such things. That's my opinion -- take or leave it in part or in whole. You asked so I answered, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    The truck desperately needs contrast. The bumper makes the nose look longer than it should. The grille makes it look wider than it should. The only defined colour contrast you have is the ugly amber next to chrome from the headlights, and because it sits alone as a colour on a black backdrop it screams 'hey look at these ugly amber reflectors!'

Bits of contrasting colour (whether, red, chrome or what have you) to keep the eye fixated or moving where you want it will keep the eye from wandering forward or wide in places where it shouldn't. Besides, if all you've done is black/red perhaps it's time to try something new???

Beyond that, I believe your first stop should be to work the fairlead into whatever colour-scheme you intend to do. Perhaps that means getting it anodized, perhaps it means a paint-matched custom cover for it, or perhaps something else, entirely. As it is, it sticks out almost as much as the amber reflectors ... but not as much because it's effectively a shade of gray (what I lovingly refer to as 'light black').

I think the second stop should be to fill your light slots in the front bumper, as it looks incomplete with empty eye sockets. (Frankly, any/every time I see those bumpers without fairleads and/or lights filling them up, it makes me want to kick a puppy ... because it's just wrong like that.)

If your tint is super dark you might consider some Dually flush-mounts in the rear bumper ... and tie them into the reverse circuit ... so you can actually see when backing up, without a backup cam.

You can suss out your lift/leveling situation while you work on such things. That's my opinion -- take or leave it in part or in whole. You asked so I answered, for better or for worse.
    I've been needing contrast I'm just not a huge two tone guy so it'll be sutle. And about the holes I have the fog lights that go there's just had to pull them out to install the bumper so they will be back there soon. I'd love to clear my headlights I just don't want to screw them up so that'll happen eventually.
    And with trying something new I'm just really plain lol. As bad as it sounds I like cars black white or red. Maybe grey but that's it.
    Also I'm thinking I might bring in alil chrome with an old school Chevy emblem in the corner or the grill. If I don't like that I will try a bowtie

and yes the bumpers huge but that's the point. I use a winch often and it got annoying having to stick my winch cradle in my rear hitch and this is the cleanest full bumper I have seen

and to keep the chrome going I'm thinking the rims I get will have some on them which will really give it contrast. My rims are to black and to simple.

Thank you for your opinion. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Any advice will make me think about things I haven't thought aabout also reverse lights are in the works