GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Dug my fog lights here's a sample pic

I just dug out these fog lights I ordered off amazon and well... Lets say the reviews have dropped drastically since I last checked.
    1. The light are missing key bolts an washer to mount!
    2. They are not bright.
    3. They are missing some wiring also.

i ordered these and it had 4star rating but I look now and it's like 2 stars(if that) and horrible reviews same as mine. Only reason I kept them is cuz I didn't open them till now (yr an half later) so I can't return and I guess I won't use them much so they will be more for looks. But I think they look kinda small. So any opinions(good or bad) tell em. I will be ordering a Carr lightwing soon, as due to my order was bumped and then cancelled as to unknown reason the seller will not tell me.. Anyways here's the rough pic(they are 30' apart)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Silverado 2005 LS; 04-09-2013 at 07:15 PM.

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS V8 4.8L Ext Cab Standard bed. K&N Air Filter, and Flowmaster Series 40 Muffler. 2 12"in JL audio subs, 1500w amp
    2002 Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 7.3L Diesel Short Bed
    2004 Chevrolet Suburban LT

I actually like them. They're clean and unobtrusive. The covers should be blacked out, though ... as they draw more attention to themselves due to the word 'BAJA' on them than they would if all black.

Oh okay thanks !!! I agree it does steal attention

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS V8 4.8L Ext Cab Standard bed. K&N Air Filter, and Flowmaster Series 40 Muffler. 2 12"in JL audio subs, 1500w amp

I agree they need to be blacked out. If you are looking for something better I would put 2 sets of dual led's in the stock location. A bit pricey but would look sweet!!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Keep me posted on if you like those lights, I was looking at them on amazon and couldn't make a decision.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I would try to mount them in the stock locations. I can't stand when people mount them on top of the front bumper. The brackets always rust, one points up while the other points straight down, and end up looking like crap on an otherwise nice looking truck. I prefer the hidden approach, like surrealone did with his light bars.
    Last edited by Pikey; 04-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Former Member

Install 100 or 130 watt bulbs.

Upgrade the wiring with a relay and heavier wiring between the light-relay-battery to handle the larger bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Install 100 or 130 watt bulbs.

Upgrade the wiring with a relay and heavier wiring between the light-relay-battery to handle the larger bulbs.
    He said that they were cheap. I would be concerned about melting the cheap plastic housings with a higher wattage bulb. He could install an LED equivalent bulb, it may give more brightness without the heat issues

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Former Member

Unless they have changed them over the years, I ran a set of 100 watt bulbs in an identical set of lights for years, with no ill effects...although the bulbs tend to burn out quicker, but that's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Keep me posted on if you like those lights, I was looking at them on amazon and couldn't make a decision.
    like I said, they are not to bright unless I guess to upgrade like what these guys are talking about. But they do look good, I found serval other sets of lights I like. Only problem I running out of room for lights in my garage(I have many different set for my ATV). So I may mount some trail teks down by the stock ports... Or maybe ill do something else.. Idk I'm trying to do more sh*t than I can afford. Especially with my 1 yr coming up with my GF. Need to buy her a gift. Anyways thanks for the info. If I don't get the light wing then I may upgrade wiring an bulbs(the old Lawd knows I got many types of wiring to spare)