GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default FREE NASCAR Tickets - NRA 500 @ Texas Motor Speedway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm500-1.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	51333

FREE NASCAR TICKETS FOR THIS WEEKEND!

NRA 500 @
    Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas
    Saturday, April 13 @ 6:30 PM CST

The nice people at Chevrolet have given us a fair number of very nice tickets to the NRA 500 race for this Saturday 4/13 @ Texas Motor Speedway. The race starts at 6:30 PM, but there is a bunch of stuff going on starting much earlier including Ride & Drive events and a Sara Evans concert too.

If anyone wants to go, please RESPOND TO THIS POST and extra points for posting to our FACEBOOK PAGE. We'll determine how to give these away based upon the number of people who are interested. (update: see below)

There are only a few tickets, and they usually are VERY good tickets, sometimes with extra perks that only the manufacturers can offer - but no promises on that. Please only respond if you'll be able to use the tickets.

* NRA 500 Sprint Cup Race
    * Up Close Look at the 2014 Chevy Silverado & 2014 Chevy Impala (exclusives just for us!)
    * Chevy Ride & Drive Event - Get to do a test drive.
    * Sara Evans Concert!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300x250_Pre-RaceShow.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	51334

-- Update --

THESE ARE VERY GOOD SEATS! TOTAL VALUE FOR EACH PERSON IS ABOUT $230!!!

Just heard from GM that these are VERY GOOD seats (PU 427 - $140 each) and each one comes with the pre-race credentials ($78 value) that gives you cold pit access and "mosh pit" access to the Sara Evans concert. So each person will get two tickets that have a combined total value of over $230 after you all of the ticket fees are included. I do not have them in hand until tomorrow, but that's the information that I've been given.

-- Update 2 --

I got this from ticketco.com:

PSL: PU 101-128 and PU 401-428 Rated
    These seats are located on the front stretch across from the pits and give an excellent view of the entire track. Preferred seat license seats or PSL are theatre style seats complete with backs and arm rests. These seats are in rows 29-66. These are the most expensive grandstands seats but price fluctuation on the front stretch from low rows to high is fairly minimal. I highly recommend these seats if you are trying to make a good impression on your guests or if you just want to go all out at the race. You can generally get these seats for just a little more than the lower rows.
    -- Update 3 --

I think there are going to be a lot of people who want these tickets, so please just respond to this thread and I'll do a random two-part drawing tomorrow. One group will be members who have been recently active on this website. That includes members who have just come back to the site after a long absence. The second group will be everyone else. (HINT: Try to make at least five or ten posts on here between now and when I do the drawing.)

-- Update 4 (Thursday Morning!) --

BREAKING NEWS ... GM just sweetened the deal and are giving us all HOSPITALITY PASSES FOR THE VILLAGE OF CHAMPIONS. That means free food and drink and hobnobbing with all of the other people who are in there as well.

** THIS MAY or MAY NOT include a special appearance by some very well known Chevrolet racers. That's all I can say about that. **

WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE:

This is the list of winners that have accepted and say they can be here on Saturday:

#1 & #2 - repley81 (he's on his way!)
    #3 & #4 - McClintoc (Will meet in the morning)
    #5 & #6 - STEPHENSON121588 (Will meet in the morning)
    #7 & #8 - Gold Z (Not responded yet!)
    #9 & #10 - ewmassey (not responded yet!)

Other picks:
    - MauryFrench had a schedule conflict at the last minute, so he put his tickets back into the pot.
    - cdvntx said the timing was just too fast so he can't make it (that's understandable)

Alternates:
    - Backroads - Alternate #1
    - drymoacke - Alternate #2
    - nathymauro - Alterate #3
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 04-12-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Sr. Apprentice
    Currently living in Medford, Oregon. Was raised in Athens, Georgia

I would love to travel to texas this weekend for a race...can I has them?
    2008 6.2L GMC Sierra Denail

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Wish I could Go Wish I could go Wish I could go.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

What a great deal. You guys rock

1999 LS 2500 4x4
    7.4L Vortec

Default I want the tickets!!

This cant be true! I live about 2 hours away but actually had plans to be about 10 mins away from the raceway this weekend!! I would love it If I could get 2 tickets for me and my fiance, never had the extra cash to make it. Thanks GMTRUCKCLUB

Jr. Mechanic

Pardon my 4 year old voice. MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!1
    95 Chevy Silverado
    Beat up by hail and a faulty tow truck
    5.7L V-8
    251,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by cdvntx View Post
    What a great deal. You guys rock
    Thanks, we know. Does that mean that you want to be considered for one or two tickets? I'll wait until tomorrow to figure out who's going to get the tickets, but active members (including those who joined in August 2007 and just came back to the site and made several posts to the site recently) will get priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by STEPHENSON121588 View Post
    This cant be true! I live about 2 hours away but actually had plans to be about 10 mins away from the raceway this weekend!! I would love it If I could get 2 tickets for me and my fiance, never had the extra cash to make it. Thanks GMTRUCKCLUB
    Why can't it be true? GM and Chevrolet love their truck guys and they had some extra tickets to give away so they gave old Steve a call and asked me if I knew of some guys on my site that would want them. Heck yeah I said. Check the original post in this thread as I update how I'm going to figure out who gets them. Maybe a random drawing of people who respond by a certain time tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MauryFrench View Post
    Pardon my 4 year old voice. MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!1
    Got it, we'll put your name into the hat. I guess I'll do a drawing tomorrow ... right now there's no way to know how many people ask for the tickets, so I'll just watch through the night and see what it ends up being by tomorrow sometime.

Haven't been but would like to attend with my son!!!!!!!

I'll go if nobody wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by jhonnyfivee View Post
    Haven't been but would like to attend with my son!!!!!!!
    Ok, I'll put your name into the ring. Nice to have a newbie on the site join in ... even better is a newbie who's signed up and maybe makes 15 posts in his first day on the site. #justsaying.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by