GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 08 burgundy silverado 1500 wheels

Hey y'all I recently bought an 08 burgundy silverado 1500. I'm looking to put new wheels on it and run 33 BFG all terrains. What are your opinions on black or chrome wheels for this color truck. Thanks, Kyle

Black would look good but it's up to you. It's your truck. Make it look how you want it to look

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS V8 4.8L Ext Cab Standard bed. K&N Air Filter, and Flowmaster Series 40 Muffler. 2 12"in JL audio subs, 1500w amp
    2002 Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 7.3L Diesel Short Bed
    2004 Chevrolet Suburban LT

It really depends on how much chrome or black accents you already have on the truck. I have a 2001 Silverado that is Burgundy/Maroon. This past December I put some brushed aluminum wheels on it and they look pretty dang good. I like black wheels but only on certain color trucks; Burgundy not being one of them.

If you have all-black accents on the truck then get some black wheels. If you have all-chrome accents on the truck then get some chrome or brushed aluminum wheels. If your accents are a mix of black and chrome, then some two-tone wheels would look pretty good. Just don't mis-match. As in, putting black wheels when all your accents are chrome or vise versa.

Here's my wheel thread for some pics.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...but-which-ones
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Thanks guys. The only chrome accents I have on the truck are the grill and the bumper and I've been contemplating buying a black grill for it anyways if I buy black wheels