GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh ok, I was just going on what I read from Hypertech. It does make sense that it's the same tune just in better packaging. I guess the new version is just more flexible. So far I've only heard good things about it...may have to wait for my tax refund, bonus, or something.. don't have the cash just yet.

Another ?... Can you have more than one vehicle tuned at a given time? The 3rd gen would only let you have one tuned and would not let you tune another vehicle till you returned the last one back to stock settings..

- '07 Silverado Classic - 4.3, 5spd, reg. cab, short bed, 2wd, silver....Magnaflow, K&N 63series kit, Hypertech Max Energy, CFM Tech tb, 180* tstat, McGaughys 2/4 drop, 275/55-17 tires(stock painted rims), billet grill, Pioneer cd, Sony Xplod speakers/sub, 1000w Crunch amp. Jba headers and Wynjammer s/c coming soon!
    - '98 Grand Prix GTP - modded - *SOLD*

Question

what is a good company that sells a software program that will let you do a custom n/a tune, or at least a tuner that can be modified for further performance by specifying further upgrades. (ex. different tunes for exhaust systems, camshafts, headers, ect)

Quote Originally Posted by Slow1500 View Post
    Oh ok, I was just going on what I read from Hypertech. It does make sense that it's the same tune just in better packaging. I guess the new version is just more flexible. So far I've only heard good things about it...may have to wait for my tax refund, bonus, or something.. don't have the cash just yet.

Another ?... Can you have more than one vehicle tuned at a given time? The 3rd gen would only let you have one tuned and would not let you tune another vehicle till you returned the last one back to stock settings..
    Yeah, all of the current handhelds are like that. You can only tune one at a time. If you want to tune more, you need to buy another unit, or invest in custom tuning software - in which case you need to learn how to use it first.

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Berubejam View Post
    what is a good company that sells a software program that will let you do a custom n/a tune, or at least a tuner that can be modified for further performance by specifying further upgrades. (ex. different tunes for exhaust systems, camshafts, headers, ect)
    Do a search for Custom Tune. You'll find there are quite a few options for a custom mail-order tune (they send you a new PCM). Just about all of them will allow free updates if you mod your vehicle later or want a different type of tune.

If you want to do it yourself, HPTuners and EFI Live are popular options. But there is a whole lot to learn before you start tuning away.

Finally tuned the truck today...pull above 2500rpm is much better now. That's normally where it started making power anyway. So far it's a good tuner...definite difference.

When I first hooked it up it found two engine codes. I looked them up in my Haynes manual and it said it's running lean on banks one and two. I can only assume that's because of my K&N intake and Magnaflow allowing it to flow more air. The engine lilght never came on though. I cleared the codes and proceeded to tune. Runs fine.

Legend

Congrats, glad you like it.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12