GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pimp My Denali

Sr. Apprentice
    Currently living in Medford, Oregon. Was raised in Athens, Georgia

Default Pimp My Denali

looking for some ideas I could do to my truck. So far all I've done is added side steps and a Tonno Cover. I have about $2000 I could put into it. Give me some ideas to run with.
    2008 6.2L GMC Sierra Denail

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It's a Great truck and looks good from the start. Maybe some vent-visors, Nice rims and thats about it.. Post up some pics..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    It's a Great truck and looks good from the start. Maybe some vent-visors, Nice rims and thats about it.. Post up some pics..
    I have some from the dealer website I posted when I joined. I may go take some pictures of it when its day light out. It's only 4am on the west coast.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Then go Back to BED!!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Apprentice

I'm still in bed...that's the sad part of it all...trying to win me some NASCAR tickets lol

- - - Updated - - -

Most recent picture I have of my truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daddys truck.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	51344

Denalis are already fairly pimped as it is.

My suggestions would be get a nice hard tonneau cover and I would put the chrome mirror caps on the side view mirrors.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

What direction are you going? my friend has a truck just like yours he's got exhaust,cold air intake, diablo Intune and leveled on 33s. Also has vent visors and line x. I think it looks amazing with the stock rims.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Sr. Apprentice

I don't use the truck for towing or hauling, so I'm looking for HP. I know the main things I want to do are exhaust, and air intake. Outside of that, I really don't know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by repley81 View Post
    I don't use the truck for towing or hauling, so I'm looking for HP. I know the main things I want to do are exhaust, and air intake. Outside of that, I really don't know what I'm doing.
    A CAI is not worth the price, get an MIT and drop in a K&N filter, it will give you the same results.

As far as horsepower, the 6.2L is a very powerful engine. You will get a HP gain just by removing that water heater sized muffler and going with something a lot less restrictive.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

an airiad Modular Intake Tube is on my to do list. already have the K&N filter....

for cheap you can have them chop out the stock muffler, weld in your muffler of choice and be done with it, thats what i did and I love how my truck sounds. threw a cheap black chrome tip at it here not to long ago and im a happy camper.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast