GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 91 Burb only stalls at half a tank full

My Burb runs great. But when I get to half a tank or less it stalls while accelerating only after a slow down. If I come to a stop it is fine but if I roll thru a turn it will stall. Wont do it when the tank is full. I searched and searched but saw nothing similar. Anyone heard of this or any ideas before I start tearing into things?

Just a guess here:
    Two thoughts have you been having fuel odors around the vehicle? Is the evap system in good shape? Cannister working correctly?
    Is there a possibiliy the fuel pump pickup has come off or has an issue inside the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Just a guess here:
    Two thoughts have you been having fuel odors around the vehicle? Is the evap system in good shape? Cannister working correctly?
    Is there a possibiliy the fuel pump pickup has come off or has an issue inside the tank?

Good idea,the only fuel odor is after a fill up. But I think you are on to something, Good starting place. Thanks

I would change the fuel filter and run some injector cleaner through the truck as a start both are cheap and even if they don't fix the issue they will only help the truck.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Jr. Mechanic

If the filter change doesn't work,possible internal leak at the pump. I have seen the rubber pump insulator(hose)between the pump and the feed tube split and let the fuel run back in the tank instead of going to the engine. When the tank is full this split is covered up with fuel. One more thought,make sure the fuel cap is venting properly to allow fuel to flow.