GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Aircare by goverment

Is there a way to clear the codes just before I go into the testing centre? Short the bat. any ideas would be appreciated. Eric
    (https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8RUPa)

You can just disconnect the battery for a while and they should all clear. I have heard of guys disconnecting the positive and negative cables from the battery and touching the disconnected cables together to clear codes. I just disconnect it over night and everything should be cleared in the morning.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

yes, disconnect the battery cables, then touch the cables themselves together. then reattach.
    this will clear all remaining voltage in the entire vehicle. including your radio setting and emergence airbag capacitors. and the computer will completely reboot once voltage is reapplied
    worked for me!!
    good luck! =)
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Well Guy's, I pulled up to my Government Air care, just outside pooped the hood disconnected both battery cables touched both together for 4 Sec. twice. Then pulled in for the test. Passed with flying colours no codes came up and I was on my was for insurance (Government, real rip off) But I am back on the road for two more years.
    Thanks for all the help guy's.......Eric

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Yes you can clear the code's Temp this way BUT your Banks will have to be reset and when you get to the test center they will tell you this IF they hook up the ODB I had the same thing happen even after changing things on my Programer it takes a few Cycles to reset and the lights will come back on.. I Did clear all codes just before I went to the test center and I passed..

Thank you SuperChips.. I have a bad 02...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X