GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Air condition not cycleing on,,

98 GMC,, we put new compressor,, dryer,, office tube ,blew everything out,, and the compressor will not cycle on,, we change the low pressor switch,, on the dryer,,i think that what it is called. with one that we know works from another truck and still won't cycle on. we also put a jumper wire in and compressor comes on and air gets cold and works great,,But when ya plug the switch back in on dryer,,it won't kick compressor on. like i said we replaced the switch on dryer with one we know works and it still will not come on,, any ideas would be a big help,,thanks Rhonda

any ideas at all,,thought someone would have a few ,,sigh

I have no idea but if no one replays soon I would delete this post and re post here or maybe @Pikey could move it. I think it would be better there but I could also be wrong
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/for...vy-amp-GM-Tech
    Last edited by Pikey; 04-19-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

did you make sure to pull a vaccuum on the system before filling with freon (as well as check to see that it will maintain vaccuum. the compressor wont cycle if the freon is too low or too high.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Jr. Mechanic

I would also make sure the low switch can activate the schrader valave in the drier.If it cant push in the switch won't close.

yes we vacumed the system down,,,and it heald the vacum for 30 min,, the we filled with 134. we put a jumper wire in to start filling,, usually after first can we take jumper off and and plug it back in to the switch and it will go ahead and cycle,, but this one didn't,, we replaced the switch on dryer with one off our tahoe they are just alike and works fine on the tahoe ,, and it still will not cyce on and off, it is full of 134 and it gets cold and works great with the jumper wire in.. but it must cycle to keep from burning the compressor up..were just at a loss ,,don't know what to do to fix it,,,,thanks Rhonda

sorry I couldnt help more. Hopefully someone elso can.

I'm only going from memory on previous discussions about A/C units, but......

Did you check both the high side and low side pressure switches? Fuse for the A/C?

My two cents.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Have you checked the relay?? A bad relay will cause the compressor not to cycle.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Ok Problem solved,,feel like a dummy,, we cleaned the prongs on the switch and spread them out a little,,and now it works like a charm,, thanks for all your ideas,,

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by