GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Drag Racing?

Hybrid View

Default Drag Racing?

Hello, wondering how many of you guys are into drag racing or other racing types. wither its legal and organized, illegal and organized or just at random stoplights
    Post pics of your modded cars, trucks, or even motorcycles! tell story's about your racing experiences! I just feel like not many people post threads about racing and im sure there's some enthusiasts on here.

Been into drag racing all my life and I've owned two street/strip cars, my first car was a 70 Camaro Z28 which I owned back in the late 80's that ran low 11's in the quarter mile.

Now I own an 87 Mustang LX coupe with a 5.0L and supercharger which makes 470 rwhp and has run best et of 10.7 @ 127 mph, the only organized racing I've done is with our Mustang club which I've won 4/5 years for fastest in my class. The stang is pretty fast on the street so not many cars can touch me especially with my car having a racing automatic in it so I go after the bikes, LOL!

Here's some pix...

* My post are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken serious unless I'm posting in the Buy/Sell section of this board and all opinions are that of mine ONLY.

I got off the streets as I have seen many friends die on them. I used to race motorcycles a lot until last year when I wrecked at barber. My triumph still is in pieces. I do some track days and lots of drags every Friday night at commerce here's my two whips that godown the strip. Need to find a pickof me n my brothers hard top sometime
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

@LBAR1 your mustang is beautiful. Wow, ive always loved the look of 80's mustangs. Right now i only race sportbikes at the track, ive got a 2009 yamaha r1 decked out haha. Always been more of a motorcycle guy. Recently though ive been getting interested in auto drag racing. Like every gearhead ive done some dragraces off the track here and there. Ive only got a 2008 2wd ext cab silverado 5.3 though. Damn near stock and trying to think of some good mods. Lol i need to smoke the prick that wants to race me with his 6.7 turbo cummins

- - - Updated - - -

Btw what times are you getting in that c10? Ive got a 1970 gmc 3/4 ton with a 8 foot dump box and stock 350 4speed under the hood sitting in the barn. Was planning on making it into a restorod once i get the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Racer View Post
    @LBAR1 your mustang is beautiful. Wow, ive always loved the look of 80's mustangs. Right now i only race sportbikes at the track, ive got a 2009 yamaha r1 decked out haha. Always been more of a motorcycle guy. Recently though ive been getting interested in auto drag racing. Like every gearhead ive done some dragraces off the track here and there. Ive only got a 2008 2wd ext cab silverado 5.3 though. Damn near stock and trying to think of some good mods. Lol i need to smoke the prick that wants to race me with his 6.7 turbo cummins

- - - Updated - - -

Btw what times are you getting in that c10? Ive got a 1970 gmc 3/4 ton with a 8 foot dump box and stock 350 4speed under the hood sitting in the barn. Was planning on making it into a restorod once i get the money.
    fasted I've gotten is 13.9 but she's still get dialed in. That's on slicks
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod