GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need better brake rotor.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand or type of brake rotor to replace my oem one? They would be for a 2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 with 8.1 L gas and Allison trans. I use my truck mostly for hauling our 12K pound 5th wheel thru the mountians out west and often on some long (8 mile) downhill 6% grades they seem to get hot and warp so I can feel it in the brake pedal and thru the whole truck. When cool they don't do it so I'd like to get a heavier duty rotor that will hold up to that abuse. Any ideas? thanks

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

EBC, PowerSlot, Frozen Rotors are some vendors.

Cryo-treated rotors are more resistant to heat-based warping and worth the extra spend for your application. If It were me I'd replace them all. I'd consider heavy duty pads made for towing applications, as well -- and be absolutely sure you bed them in properly after the installation. Look at Hawk or EBC for the pads. Semi-metallics will provide more 'cold bite' than ceramics ... and also tend to produce less dust.

Thank you very much. I will look into that.