GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Leveling kit for 2009 Silverado

I need some incite here guys. First and foremost. I am brand new to this forum so I would like to say hello to everyone and thanks for having me in this club of GM Truck owners. Ok, MY question is I want to get a leveling kit for my new 2009 silverado crew cab in the front. It has the 20" wheels already from factory. I have found a kit I am interested in and did a few measurements and it seems a 2" LEVELING LIFT KIT would work.The Spacers are bolted down in the middle between the top of the strut and the upper coil bucket. I just wanted to know if 2" is enough or should I go 1.5" or maybe 2.5" I don't want to go to little or to much. If anyone has any incite on this or has done it to there let me know. Maybe yall know if there is a better kit or so on...I appreciate everything.
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado LT1 Crew Cab
    5.3 Liter 315 HP W/385 fpt
    6 speed automatic Transmission with Eshift
    Locking differential
    Dual Exhaust one in two out 2 1/4 inch pipes with 3 1/2 Chrome tips. "50 series Flow Master Muffler. Sounds awesome!
    20" wheels and Chrome Package
    15 % limo tint all the way around.
    You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site! I know that there are some members that have them. Hope you find what you are looking foe soon. Glad to have you here!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Thanks Eddie....This is something on ebay I found of interest. Maybe someone can tell me if this is the best route to go for this leveling of the front end....AND BTW. Hopefully this doesn't void my warranty...LOL

No a leveling kit won't void your warranty. I have a 08 silverado 4x4 and put a 2.25 inch leveling kit from readylift on it and love it. Readylift makes a quality product.
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Well now I just have to figure out do I use a 1.5", 2", or a 2.5" BILLET aluminum spacer for this lift...

The back is exactly 2" taller then the front so I assume that the 2" level kit would be suffice....

Quote Originally Posted by 2009silverado View Post
    Well now I just have to figure out do I use a 1.5", 2", or a 2.5" BILLET aluminum spacer for this lift...
    Kinda depends on what you want to do. I personally wouldn't do any kit under 2 inches. If you want to throw some bigger tires on the truck i would get the 2.5 inch kit. Who makes the 2.5 inch kit cause when i was looking for mine the biggest i found was 2.25 inch?

Welcome to the site. I have an 09 Z71 crew cab and i used the 1.5" by Readylift and love it. The front sits about .5" lower then in the rear, the .5" is hardly noticeable. But you can definitely notice it has the leveling kit. Good luck on your selection and i have photos on my profile if you want to check them out.

Thanks CS-10 86, That 1.5 looks great on there for the leveling kit. Did you go with the billet aluminum spacer or the autospring type. I think I will go with the 2" though. Thanks sir. Very helpful and very nice truck you have...

Thumbs up

I had the Skyjacker aluminum version on my 07 and loved it. I think that I will go with daystar on my new 2010 just because they are about the same price and are made of Polyurethane which will give a little. There is a great video on this product see below.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...9333&t_pl=7140

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by