GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Lift kit + Parking garage

Got a quick question for you NNBS (or any body style really) guys running 6" lift kits and 35's....

Can you clear 7'0? I know all lift kits are different, but I'm thinking now (for those of you following my other posts) I will just save my pennies and upgrade my 4" BDS suspension lift to 6" instead of the 1.5" BL (who knows, may even add that later on).

I already understand that I should not be worried about where I can and cannot park with a big truck, but I was just wondering if you all had any experience parking these beasts in parking garages (most by me are 7'0), etc. I'm cutting it pretty close with my 4" lift and 33's.

Thanks in advance fellas!

--LaserBlue

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well I know in NYC that most garages are about 7ft high some as low as 6'9 so it may be hard with some stock vans...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had an 05' 2500HD 4x4 that had a Pro Comp 6" suspension lift, and 35" tires. I only tryed to get into one parking garage, and the attendant turned me around and would not allow me in. I also had a rollbar on it too, with 6" lights.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I can't speak for NNBS, but with my NBS, a 6" lift, and 34.3" tires I can squeak into 7'0 garages but would not make it into one that is 6'9".

My OEM satellite antenna clears ... so clearance lights probably would, too. I've got 2ish inches left over to spare. However, a roll bar with lights would not make it. And if the NNBS trucks sit taller than my NBS it's going to be really tight.

Getting into the garage is one thing. Parking in those tiny-arse spots is another. My truck is always too long for just one spot ... and while it'll fit, width-wise, if I have a car on either site of me there's no getting in or out of my truck. I look for a spot on the end of a row, as a result...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 04-23-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Right, the long box probably doesn't help you too much. I have the same problem with mine with cars next to me..I try to find an end spot as well. That's good to know that a big truck like yours can make it. The NBS trucks sit higher stock than the NNBS? I guess I wasn't aware of that. I always thought the NNBS trucks sat pretty low to the ground....

After doing some research it looks like I will have about an inch to spare....do you think that is sufficient? Looking at only 1" on a ruler is pretty spooky.

Also checked out some of the ford forums on a similar topic..the current f-150's sit higher than our current trucks, and after doing some checking someone with a 6" fabtech and 35" toyo's fits into a 7'0 garage.

It's just that every truck is different, I'd hate to go forward with this project and not be able to fit..
    Last edited by 2011laserblue; 04-23-2013 at 01:35 PM.

It's even spookier looking at it in the garage with concrete beams that close to your truck's roof. Trust me on this. 7'0" garages creep me out.

Where are you measuring the inch from? The tip top of your clearance lights? The tip top of any roof mounted antennae? Also, if your tires are not currently brand spanking new, are you accounting for the height of them when they are?

That is a close call. I have done upgrade construction on a parking garage the said 7' max but there was a couple of support beams that hung around a inch or two lower. Definitely scraped the roof of the work truck.

I always thought NNBS sat higher than NBS but idk. I just know a Ford Bronco with 4" and 33's is about 4" from a 7' deck
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I measured from the tip top of the clearance lights @SurrealOne .
    Good call about the tires, I did not even think about that.

RIght now I'm a little over 4" from the ceiling in my garage which is 7'0
    I did some really rough measurements few nights ago..this weekend I plan on doing thorough ones.
    @ChromeSilver02 , love the bronco!