GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Post pics of your "Almost Classic" ('88-'98) trux!

It seems like the new bodystyle trucks are taking over, and that is normal, but I know that there are still a BILLION of the "Almost Classic" bodystyle out there... I can't leave my house without seeing 5 of them at least! I had an '03 and it was cool, but I sold it and now have a '95. I am extremely happy with my decision! It is getting harder and harder to find these in really nice condition. It is (for me) more fun to "un-bling" these older ones and work on putting them back to original. This one had been wheeled hard and it showed. I got it on the cheap and went to work on it. It is not "done" by any means, but I am well on my way. This is the 3rd '95 I have owned.

Here's mine... Let's see yours!

"It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phpHamwYgAM.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	36701
    Here is my 1995. I am the original owner. I bought it when I was in High School. I might actually sell it in the near future.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Master Mechanic

This is the truck I bought so I could learn to work on trucks. It is an '89 C/K 1500 stick 5.3 V8. I learned how to change out the brakes and put in a new starter. After that I didn't have much time to work on it so a friend bought it off me. Wish I had more pics of it too.

Name:	Blue Truck_1.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	36706

the green machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0430080720.jpg  
    1994 Chevy Silverado {the work horse}
    1996 Ford Explorer {daily runner)
    1997 Buick Lesabre {wife's car}
    1989 Buick Reatta {my baby}

I learned to drive 5spd on this truck as well as a low mile mint 67 mustang coupe
    It's now driven by me and my dad after my granddad passed. Still has a respectable number of miles considering it's age at 110K

That's a great looking truck! Is that a '91?

I will be the first to post a lowered pic. The painjob looks better in person, stock light blue on top and a darker blue fade on the bottom.

Name:	iphone 200.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	36756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 199.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	36757

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    That's a great looking truck! Is that a '91?
    Thanks! It sure is a 91.
    91 C1500 Silverado
    96 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by wyldhorse View Post
    Thanks! It sure is a 91.
    The wheels were the give away! I like that truck. I am in the process of trying to decide if I want to put a stepside on mine or leave it fleetside. I have a chance to swap straight up with a guy that has a stepside as one of those home made trailers made from a cut up truck. Same color as my truck.

heres some pictures of my 92, i bought her off of the original owner a little over a year ago, its obvious that when i bought her she was a pappy truck. mods include cherrybomb extreme dual exhaust, 3" rough country suspension lift, moto metal 16" wheels, and euro tail lights. my next mod is a 350 or maybe 383 stroker swap from that gutless 305...ill definitely post pictures when thats all done. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	becky.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	37680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	becky2.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	37681

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by