GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default share empty bed space

Hello,

I've got an idea that I wanted to through out there and get people's thoughts. There are a lot of new 'sharing' companies that let you rent your house (airbnb), cars, etc. Would anyone ever rent out the bed of your truck? Say there was a site/app where people could list things they needed delivered, moved, etc. and it simply sent everyone nearby an email where they could accept and go pick up and move the item for money...would you do it? I'm not sure I would, just kicking the idea around to see if it has any value. There are always people looking to borrow a friends truck, just wondering if you could build a network of truck owners with empty bed space looking to make some extra $.

Thanks!

sounds like a good idea but, i can see a few problems like liability if something gets broke during transit could lead to a bad day

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

That's what U-Haul is for.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

I would definitely do that. Always looking for a little extra money.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Been there already do it.. In my area NNJ/NY Plenty of money to be made on Craigslist....
    Do you need something Picked up or moved in The Tristate area?Ikea run

I do small moves in NYC,The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, North Jersey, Rockland and Westchester. Stuff like Treadmills, Long rugs, Big TV's, Couch's and Futons, I also do Ikea runs and set ups .I move within NYC or deliver something to NNJ or Rockland Cty NY. If you need something
    delivered in NYC or moved that can fit in my Soft Riding Truck with a carpeted 8ft covered bed with tie downs. Please call my cell
    before 1:00pm. we can workout payments then. I am very reliable and Careful with all my moves and I have Ref's if needed

I also do College and Dorm move in's

Ikea Pick up's and professionally Assembled

I have been doing Ikea pickups in Paramus, NJ then delivery to NYC. Lower Tax rate and Ikea charges $100+ for this, I start at $75.00
    Thank you Glenn

C 404-409-$$$$

Keywords.. Ikea, Home Depot, Lowes, Pc Richards, Sears, Treadmill, Brooklyn, Bronx, Pa, Long Island, Queens, Storm help, Sandy, Best buy, Bobs
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Z71_guy View Post
    sounds like a good idea but, i can see a few problems like liability if something gets broke during transit could lead to a bad day
    Yeah, the lawyers sure took a lot away from an old fashioned handshake.

HHR SS_________________The Heritage Hot Rod

god forbid things not be all legalized. helped a NCO of mine tonight actually, went and picked up a couch for him. gas money always works!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers