GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I'd put my sound deadning and shocks up against almost anyone!!
    I just think the grill on the Silverado's don't look as "strong" as the Sierra's.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Legend
    Blog Entries

By QC I am guessing you mean "quality checks"??

I have been a quality tech in the past at a GM plant, and trust me the parts are the same on both trucks lol!! Other than cosmetics, right now I am making 2KXX A pillars, this is for the new 2014 body style trucks, one part goes to two different locations GMC>>>CHEVY Potato<<<<Potatoe

BIQ is the new ISO standard of quality, It stands for "Built in quality". They eliminated my quality job, and now they find and fix defects on the line. I can tell you we get a lot more rejected material from the GMC locations, as they are very picky.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I just think the grill on the Silverado's don't look as "strong" as the Sierra's.
    Your shocks and sound deadening aren't OEM. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    And what about a GMC Denali? They are not Quiet on the inside?
    I've never ridden in a Sierra Denali, but I highly doubt they are any quieter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    You replaced the shocks and sound absorbing material on your 2011 Sierra?

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    That's a matter of opinion, I happen to like the look of the Silverado better.
    I always say I'm going to buy a GMC "next time". My dealership offers both (2 separate lots but can deal with th same salesman for either of the 2), but every time it comes down to it, NOTHING beats the front end of the Chevys.

Quote Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
    I always say I'm going to buy a GMC "next time". My dealership offers both (2 separate lots but can deal with th same salesman for either of the 2), but every time it comes down to it, NOTHING beats the front end of the Chevys.
    Why do you always say you're going to buy a GMC next time?

I personally think the GMC grill is a tad better looking than the Silverado, I just don't like the fenders at all on the Sierra NNBS. The accents that go around the rear wheel wells on a Sierra especially are positively hideous, the Silverado fenders look so much nicer. I also prefer the tail lights of the Silverado with the reverse light in the middle.

Once again this is just my opinion.

I purchased a GMC for a more Man'ly look! LOL The Chevy front-end didn't appeal to me........
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I purchased a GMC for a more Man'ly look! LOL The Chevy front-end didn't appeal to me........
    I don't think one is more "manlier" looking than the other.

I really wish that GM would NOT put those cheap looking ebay LEDs around the 2014 Sierra headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Why do you always say you're going to buy a GMC next time?
    I think they intrigue me just for a change. Sometimes I see one I really like, but usually just driving by. When I actually stop and look at them I definitely prefer the Chevy.
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

I've noticed a trend of liking different year front ends of either truck. For example, I absolutely LOVED the front end of my 2006 Silverado, but was not a fan of the GMC front end of that same year. Once Chevy went to the new body style in '07, I preferred the GMC front end. Now, I really like the front ends of the Chevy 2500's over the GMC's. Overall, I love both trucks. It just depends on the year for which one I like more.
    So far as which brand is better than the other? Well I think that's a matter of opinion. Both sides have "data" supporting why theirs is "better" than the other. The biggest difference I've personally noticed is the difference in the standard features at each equipment level (LT, SLE, SLT, LTZ, etc...). GMC seems to have a lot more standard per level than Chevy. Well, at least from what I've noticed on the websites! ANYways, that's just my 5 cents! Both trucks do look awesome though. They are both well maintained, which says a lot about the owners. Good job folks, and sweet rides!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac