GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You replaced the shocks and sound absorbing material on your 2011 Sierra?[/QUOTE]

I did. I replaced the shocks with the King Coilovers in the front to level it out. I will be replacing the rear either with King's or Beilstein's.
    As for the sound proofing it is a truck not a Cadillac. I knew that when I bought my TRUCK. So I (with the help of other members on this forum) wanted to make it how I wanted it added sound proofing to the cab. I get tired of people expecting a pick up truck to be quiet as a car.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

ive been toying with the sound deadening in my truck as well.

one thing i love about my truck is the fact there are a few silverados kinda close, i have yet to see a sierra like mine....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    ive been toying with the sound deadening in my truck as well.

one thing i love about my truck is the fact there are a few silverados kinda close, i have yet to see a sierra like mine....

Alex
    My 2013 is actually pretty quiet on the highway. It's not as quiet as say a BMW 7 Series, but it's decently quiet.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I also like the "look" of the GMC better, but I am not going to pay the "premium" and deal with the headaches of matching up aftermarket parts to the GMC body style differences over the silverado.

Jr. Mechanic

My 04 2500HD was quieter than my wife's 08 Ford Escape until I put the mud tires on it but it is no competition for our Mercedes ML350 (nor do I expect it to be).
    2012 Silverado 1500 LT 4X4
    2003 Suburban LT 2500 6.0L
    2004 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4x4 6.0L - SOLD

Sr. Apprentice
    Currently living in Medford, Oregon. Was raised in Athens, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Have to say it I like the GMC looks better....
    I have to agree with this guy...but that's just because I drive a GMC lol
    2008 6.2L GMC Sierra Denail

Quote Originally Posted by paracutin View Post
    My 04 2500HD was quieter than my wife's 08 Ford Escape until I put the mud tires on it but it is no competition for our Mercedes ML350 (nor do I expect it to be).
    My Silverado LTZ is quieter than my mom's 2012 Accord EX-L V6 (their best model), even after I put on the Flowsound muffler. At 65MPH, the LTZ is twisting ~1600RPMs so engine noise is almost inaudible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by repley81 View Post
    I have to agree with this guy...but that's just because I drive a GMC lol
    As I said in a previous post, I like the Sierra grill 5% better than the Silverado grill, I just cannot stand the wheel well accents on the Sierra. Also the rear of a Silverado looks a little better as I like the looks of the tail lights better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paracutin View Post
    Mercedes are supposed to be "legendary" quiet interiors. For $85K+, they better be.

Jr. Mechanic

[/QUOTE]Mercedes are supposed to be "legendary" quiet interiors. For $85K+, they better be.[/QUOTE]

No where near $85k. More like $62k brand new in 2008. We bought it used in 2012 and paid half that. My wife commented just the other day how roomy and comfortable my truck is. Pretty nice compliment considering what her daily driver is.

Mercedes are supposed to be "legendary" quiet interiors. For $85K+, they better be.[/QUOTE]

No where near $85k. More like $62k brand new in 2008. We bought it used in 2012 and paid half that. My wife commented just the other day how roomy and comfortable my truck is. Pretty nice compliment considering what her daily driver is.[/QUOTE]

The ML350 is a smaller SUV, so I can see the Silverado having larger front seats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123