GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New master cylinder???

I got to replace the master cylinder in my 02 Silverado 8.1liter 2500hd. Can anyone link me to a new one ya'll recommend or any advice in general? I should have photos posted tomorrow to show yall where it is leaking. I have already tried using Lucas oil to swell the seals and stop the leaks.
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought two ac delco units new from the dealer, one was made missing a seal, and the second one was improperly manufactured. I ended up getting a cheap one from rock auto for $68.00 complete, been going good for a year now.....
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

i have had good luck with the Napa line of master cylinders

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Re...+5999999+26355

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Are you sure it's the master cylinder leaking and not just the reservoir?

Mine turned out to be just the reservoir, found an ACDelco on Amazon for $35.00 shipped, way less than the $130 the dealer wanted!
    Opiewho
    2004 Silverado 2500HD W/T
    6.0L, RWD, Auto w/Towing Package

Legend
    Blog Entries

One more thing I should add, make sure you bench bleed the new unit before you put it on the truck.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    One more thing I should add, make sure you bench bleed the new unit before you put it on the truck.

x2 on that. I have also had the same experience with some AC delco parts from the dealer. Not made correctly or missing parts. AC delco has now started remaning parts like Power steering pumps. They, like everyone else, lack quality control during the rebuild process.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Turns out it was just a few hoses and claps. Easy fix.
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights