GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 2001 yukon xl 2500 a/c problems

A/c blowing hot air. Just bought a 2001 yukon xl 2500. Previous owner had last service on 10/2012 with new freon and leak die. Still blowing normal temp air. Its not even hot. Could this be a result on the low/high pressure switches?!

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. Not an A/C guy but I would take it in and get it checked.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

thanks, much appreciated.

Welcome!

Sorry you're having trouble. Is it warm on just one side? If so it could be a bad actuator for the blend door on that side (or for the mode door).

Check the driver's side blend door actuator by setting the driver's side to max cool and the passenger side to max heat ... and see if each side blows what you expect.

Check the passenger's side blend door actuator by setting the passenger side to max cool and the driver's side to max hear ... and again see if each side blows what you expect.

Check the mode door actuator by engaging defrost and setting both sides to max cool ... and check to see if you are getting cool air via the windshield defrostt vents.

The driver's side blend door actuator and mode door actuators aren't bad to replace, but the passenger side is usually a pain to get to. They run about 100 clams for a new one NOT from a stealership and closer to 200-250 (each) from a stealership. A dealership quotes an hour of labour for removal/replacement of the driver's and mode door acutators ... and 4ish hours for the passenger side since it tends to be buried in the dash.

If the problem isn't specific to the actuators then you're beyond my AC knowledge, as I've replaced actuators, evacuated the system, and recharged it. I wouldn't know where to look for an issue common to both sides that isn't caused by the mode door actuator being toast.

The low side pressure switch is fried. The thing was that the compressor wasn't cycling like it should be. Thanks for the reply.

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Thanks for the welcoming.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!!

****Thread moved to correct section of Forum****

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals