GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Post up some good pics inside and Out....

I'm heading out camping for May long weekend (Victoria Day here in Canada) not this weekend coming up but the next one. I always forget to take pictures of the Avalanche tent while I'm camping but I'll try to remember to take some and post them up here.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    40's? What heat??? LMAO!

Ran it for a bit before bed then when I woke up I remote started it did not want to get out of my sleeping bag to warm it up a bit..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Ran it for a bit before bed then when I woke up I remote started it did not want to get out of my sleeping bag to warm it up a bit..
    isn't that great? That's what I do with mine when it gets cold

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I picked up the GM tent used from a family friend a couple years ago. It extends to the end of the tailgate to give you the 10' long area like Enkei's. I also like having the floor. The midgate part is a tent door - you can have it up to have the tent closed off from the cab or have it down so that it is open.
    @pmf608, good info, I've been holding off on the GM version not knowing about the front door.

isn't that great? That's what I do with mine when it gets cold
    Haha, yeah, but in Canada, 40F is summer weather.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    @pmf608, good info, I've been holding off on the GM version not knowing about the front door.

Haha, yeah, but in Canada, 40F is summer weather.
    some days I wish that were true. I own a landscaping business and work from 8:00am to 6:00pm in the summer. I just started up for the summer and we are in the 30C+ range right now (thats 90F+ for those of you south of here). Once you get into the swing of work for the day and warm up a bit, 40F would be nicer to work in that 90F.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ouch... Not in that weather......

It's crazy when you think about our range of weather we get every year. We go from below -30C (-22F) in the winter and in the summer we have days about 30C (90F). We go from freezing all winter to dying of heat for most of the summer.

It's crazy when you think about our range of weather we get every year. We go from below -30C (-22F) in the winter and in the summer we have days about 30C (90F). We go from freezing all winter to dying of heat for most of the summer.
    Your temp range may be a little more severe than New Brunswick's, but Canada can give us extremes. Interior NB goes from winter to summer in about 2 days and fall is about the same length.

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Your temp range may be a little more severe than New Brunswick's, but Canada can give us extremes. Interior NB goes from winter to summer in about 2 days and fall is about the same length.
    That sounds like Canada . Spring and fall last like 2 days each and winter is usually 7-8 months.

I just came back from a weekend of camping and figured I would post some pictures of the factory GM tent for the avalanche. The last one shows the inside with the front tent door folded down so the tent extends the full length of the inside of the avalanche.