GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default My new Truck (Avalanche) Camper...What do you think?

With it off I have a 8ft Bed I will now have a 10 Ft bed and be dry...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1518.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	51727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1519.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	51728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1520.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	51729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1521.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	51730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1522.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	51731 Last year I had the hard top...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0061.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	51732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0062.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	51733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0064.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	51734
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Seeing that makes me glad I'm short. If I want to sleep in my truck I just push the seat belt latches out of the way (into the rear seat crevice) and sleep on the rear bench. I'm only 5'5" tall ... so I easily fit there when sleeping on my side (which is how I tend to sleep).

I also think you better park on an incline with the nose of the truck pointed downward ... so that water can't run from the front to the back of the truck and potentially run under the tent addition (where it meets your top) and drip on you from within it.

Legend

Never had a problem with rain Have used the same tent for 2 Tahoes and 1 Avalanche SO... From 95 when I had my first Tahoe I used it.. Wow I'm getting old.. But it has a long cover over the top which is held down with the bungees good.

looks cool. I have pulled the third row out of the yukon xl and then folded the second row flat. As of now it is plenty of room for my wife, two kids and I. We stay dry and warm!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Well it worked good in wind and COLD.. 40's Fri night.. Kept the heat in..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1605.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	51899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1606.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	51900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1550.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	51901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1551.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	51902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1552.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	51903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1554.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	51904

Glenn ( @Enkeiavalanche ), have you looked at the GM, or 3rd party, tents for the Avalanche?

I had a lead on a used one last year and it fell through. After a little looking, it appears (to me) that the GM tent does not let you use the midgate, the tent has a wall where the midgate is. The GM tent also has a floor.
    I have looked at 3rd party tents that appear to be open at the midgate, so the inside of the truck becomes part of the tent space. These don't seem to have a floor.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Legend

I have a Coleman SUV air mattress plus a BedRug for the ground and a Comfy sleep..As for the bed a 10 foot bed x 4ft has got plenty of room.. for 2 and Gear...

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Glenn ( @Enkeiavalanche ), have you looked at the GM, or 3rd party, tents for the Avalanche?

I had a lead on a used one last year and it fell through. After a little looking, it appears (to me) that the GM tent does not let you use the midgate, the tent has a wall where the midgate is. The GM tent also has a floor.
    I have looked at 3rd party tents that appear to be open at the midgate, so the inside of the truck becomes part of the tent space. These don't seem to have a floor.
    I picked up the GM tent used from a family friend a couple years ago. It extends to the end of the tailgate to give you the 10' long area like Enkei's. I also like having the floor. The midgate part is a tent door - you can have it up to have the tent closed off from the cab or have it down so that it is open.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend

Post up some good pics inside and Out....

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Well it worked good in wind and COLD.. 40's Fri night.. Kept the heat in..
    40's? What heat??? LMAO!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by