GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tuner for '08 5.3, AFM problems????

My wife's 2008 Yukon XL has 122k miles on it and has recently started loosing oil somewhere. I have used nothing but Mobil 1 in it since the first oil change and was 2qts low at the last oil change , I measure how much I removed. I usually change it about 6k but this one was about 7500. I had been slack about checking the level it because never had an issue before. I have lost almost 1 qt in 3000 miles since my oil change 5 weeks ago. No leaks in my garage, on the engine and I wiped the inside of the exhaust with paper towel- clean without residue.
    I've been doing some research and people seem to think it could be coming from the AFM. What tuner should I use to deactivate this? I have used tuners before on my diesels but not on a gasser. I'm considering getting an autocal EFI tuner for my Duramax, I don't know if I can load both a gas a diesel on the same tuner, I know you can load more than one diesel on the same autocal EFI controller. Any suggestions on what changes I should make, I did add 1 qt of the High Mileage Mobil 1 and guess I will use that with next oil change. Thanks

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

We have a new Sponsor on the site you might want to check out.. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...logy-all-about
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X