GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Idiot Virginia (Beach) drivers!!!!!

Wifey called me on her way to work this morning, saying someone rear ended her, but that it wasnt bad.

its really isnt that bad, broke my hitch receptical cover ($20) cracked the plastic bumper cover a bit, and creased the metal bumper itself in the middle of the left half of the bumper.

not much to speak of, its just the hassel of it all, because some kid wasnt paying enough attention.

i did look at the underside of the truck, i cant see anything obvious, but im not a body guy, so who knows.

call insurance on monday.....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I can sympathize with ya on that, back when we were in Virginia Bch I was hit twice at the intersection of Va. Bch blvd and Little Neck rd a week a part in my Tacoma, the first time I was rear ended, the truck was less than a week old.
    The second time a week later a Ford truck pulled a left turn when I had the right a way.
    Two days later my daughter got hit broadside by a red light runner down at the beach at Va. Bch. Blvd and Pacific ave and totaled my wifes 69 Firebird.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I can sympathize with ya on that, back when we were in Virginia Bch I was hit twice at the intersection of Va. Bch blvd and Little Neck rd a week a part in my Tacoma, the first time I was rear ended, the truck was less than a week old.
    The second time a week later a Ford truck pulled a left turn when I had the right a way.
    Two days later my daughter got hit broadside by a red light runner down at the beach at Va. Bch. Blvd and Pacific ave and totaled my wifes 69 Firebird.
    woah, hope no one was injured....man a 69'...you must ave' been ticked @ the Culprit....
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by silverhobey View Post
    woah, hope no one was injured....man a 69'...you must ave' been ticked @ the Culprit....
    Luckily the injurys were just bumps and bruises, unfortunately we had to let it go since we had orders to Italy.
    The car had family ties as my wifes favorite uncle was the original first owner so she took the loss a little hard.

That stinks Alex. I used to get the same thing at the Jersey shore growing up. Lots of guys trying to show off and no-one looking at what's in front of them. I hope the damage isn't too bad. Did you call the local junkyards for a bumper?
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Time to upgrade the bumper than!! Maybe a Road Armor or something of that kind?!?

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18