GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Air bag light on (not from a wreck)

I finally finished the frame swap on my 1999 Chevy C1500 and now the air bag light is on, How can I get it to go off?
    Brandon - Georgia
    1999 Chevy C1500
    1978 Pontiac Trans Am

Could just be a bad sensor, bad connection to a sensor (i.e. one that's come loose) or bad wiring to/from a sensor. The first step would be to get the code off the system and Google it ... and based on that take additional steps.

Legend
    Blog Entries

The airbag system is on it's own operating circuit, meaning it only takes one wire not hooked up correctly or shorting out to set that light off.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Could just be a bad sensor, bad connection to a sensor (i.e. one that's come loose) or bad wiring to/from a sensor. The first step would be to get the code off the system and Google it ... and based on that take additional steps.
    x2 on getting a code. You will have to find a place that has a tech 2 to read the code. I don't know any parts stores that have the capability of reading SIR codes. I had the same thing happen to me. I thought it was the coil spring in the steering column because it was making noise while turning. That turned out to be a costly mistake on my part $380 for the coil and it turned out to be a front impact sensor. I found one (dorman brand) at O'relly's for $80. Many of them do not carry them, so I had to search within a 50 mile radius to find it.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)