GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Magic Relay Noise Maybe

My neighbor asked me to see if I could figure out what's up with his 93 GMC half ton. It has a 350. Here are the symptoms. Hot or Cold engine when you turn the key to start the engine to the first position (not start) a fairly loud ticking noise begins it sounds like a relay going open and shut it lasts for 15 seconds or so. The engine starts with or without the noise stopping. Shut the motor down and the same sound comes back and again lasts 15-30 secs. The noise seems to come from down by the heater blower. I thought it might have something to do with the fuel pump or its relay so I pulled the fuse pump fuse but I still get the tick tick tick for about 20 second and the engine isn't running. This happens every time I turn power on or off. Very weird.... I'm an old dude with a couple old hot rods I work on and everyone in the neighbor hood thinks I can fix their car. Please help.

I would occasionally get the same sound with my 1995. I never figured it out. I was thinking to check the blower motor relay (I think it is down there) But, sold it before I got to it

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)