GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2009 GMC Sierra SLE OEM radio replacement parts

Hello,
    I am the proud owner of an 09 GMC Sierra. I just went turkey hunting with a friend and as we exited the truck to try our luck one of the shot guns glanced the radio and smashed the radio display. it broke the lens and LCD behind it no biggie just get on the internet and find replacement lens and LCD right WRONG it is no were to be found. I have been able to find many places that will fix it for me (for a price).

I would like to think that if I could find the parts I know I could fix it. The LCD just plugs into the circuit board and the lens is probally glued on or something to that effect .....right?

any advice or assistance would be awesome.

And Yes we both got turkeys that day so it made the radio thing a little easier to deal with.

TANKS

Legend

replacement parts for a GM electronic device is a big problem. you would have to find a scrap yard vehicle to swap out the parts. GM parts are not available. the electronic components are a secret code and this makes using parts from another supplier very difficult. this would require a electronic repair shop authorized by GM to make repairs/get parts. My guess would be a few hundred to fix. good luck .. if you do find a part supplier please post it .

Legend

Blog Entries

This may be of some help. Here is a link to used auto parts; there a lot of listings, so you should be able to find one close to you.

http://www.car-part.com/

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I sent you a pm with contact info for a company that may be able to help you out. Let me know if they can not help you, I have a list with a few more radio part suppliers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    replacement parts for a GM electronic device is a big problem. you would have to find a scrap yard vehicle to swap out the parts. GM parts are not available. the electronic components are a secret code and this makes using parts from another supplier very difficult. this would require a electronic repair shop authorized by GM to make repairs/get parts. My guess would be a few hundred to fix. good luck .. if you do find a part supplier please post it .
    I do not find this to be true at all. Google is your friend! Sure, you can not run up to the local parts store to get them, but they are out there. It took some research and using multiple key word searches, but I know of at least two sites that can provide things for radios like new face plates, new buttons, new bulbs, and new cd mechanisms. In many cases the radio rebuild companies do not list parts for sale on their site. They must just think that many owners will not attempt such a repair. But, I have found that calling and asking them if they have parts for sale is beneficial. What is the worst they can say? No! I bought a new 6 disc cd mech for under $100 a few months ago from one of those sites.

I will not post the supplier here because they are not a vendor, but if you want the info PM me. The price for a face plate with new circuit board, new bulbs, and new screen is $75-$110 depending on what radio model he has. A picture would help.
    Last edited by Pikey; 05-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)