GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Here is a video comparing against the Tundra [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PpZF77tgk&feature=related[/media]
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Blog Entries

Gotta love the G80 videos!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Default How the G80 Locking differential works

Here is a great video on how the G80 works
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMZ9vcYVSg"]YouTube - How a Eaton G80 locker works[/ame]
    Last edited by unplugged; 10-09-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Just curious. I am getting ready to throw on a rear cover thats stronger LPW from Jegs, adds volume and a fill and drain too. I was wondering if I can use full Syn fluid or if I need to put in any additives. I am guessing I am fine with full syn since is a locker and not a possi unit, I know possi units normally need a limited slip additive.... Any recomendations on fluids for the rear diff?

Would this really help on a 2WD 1500 Silverado with the V6?

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Quote Originally Posted by no0b123 View Post
    Would this really help on a 2WD 1500 Silverado with the V6?
    Anytime you can force an additional wheel to spin, you will improve your traction. With an open diff, your 2wd only needs one wheel to lose traction to be stuck. With a locker, both rear wheels have to lose traction before you're stuck.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Default Diff Locks Build Code

Would anyone know the build code for CENTRE diff lock? (Chevy Suburban 2004)

Of course rear diff lock is G80, but can't seem to find the build code for centre diff lock? And is there normally a selector to engage these diff locks or do they engage automatically depending on wheel torque - both rear and centre diff?

Much appreciated
    Dave
    Currently KSA
    Home: Northwest NSW
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby Wallaby View Post
    Would anyone know the build code for CENTRE diff lock? (Chevy Suburban 2004)

Of course rear diff lock is G80, but can't seem to find the build code for centre diff lock? And is there normally a selector to engage these diff locks or do they engage automatically depending on wheel torque - both rear and centre diff?

Much appreciated
    According to my RPO code list, transfer case codes are NP0 through NP4 and NP8. The NP246 t-case in my '98 is designated by the NP8 code. My 246 uses 4 buttons to control the "lockup" in the center diff (2H=off, 4A=computer controlled, 4H=locked, 4L=locked in low range). If you don't have any buttons or levers, then your center diff is purely automatic. The transfer case control module monitors front and rear driveshaft speeds, while sending power to the rear. When it detects the rear spinning faster than the front, it engages a clutch that sends a portion of the power to the front. Once the driveshaft speeds match, it backs off on the lockup until it detects slipping again. It technically can "fully lockup", but, because it is constantly trying to back off, it never "locks up" for long.

Chevy Truck Parts
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Default Thanks mate

Mr Shorty,
    Cool
    thnxs

Now, has anyone fitted ARB Air lock diffs front & back to their burb? How did they go?
    Dave
    Currently KSA
    Home: Northwest NSW
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby Wallaby View Post
    Mr Shorty,
    Cool
    thnxs

Now, has anyone fitted ARB Air lock diffs front & back to their burb? How did they go?
    I've got an ARB in my 10 bolt rear,and it has worked just fine. I can't put a locker in the front because nobody makes a locker for the 8.25 IFS front.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast