GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 06 sierra front radio speakers

i bought an 06 sierra 1500 last august. the 2 front radio speakers haven't worked until this week. the rear speakers always worked great. this week the fronts started working intermittently. also notice the warning chime also works for door ajar,seatbelt not buckled etc. which never worked until the speakers started working. was wondering where i should start first to try and find the problem? forgot to add that the radio is just a plain jane OEM am/fm thanks for any replies.

the chimes now work because thats where you hear the chimes from. Outside of that the not working for months then suddenly working is a little odd. I would first start with checking the wiring as it could be as simple as a broken wire that for some reason is not connecting.

OR

Did you finally go to the Fade in the stereo and turn the speakers back on up front. Sorry couldnt resist
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

hahaha. no the fade was on for the front speakers but i could do something like that. speakers were working again till about an hour ago. now they are out again. i will start checking the wiring. do you know if the radio is hard to get out of the dash. it maybe a wire plug on that. thanks for the reply.

If it is similar to the one that was in my truck its really simple. pull the dash panel over instrument cluster/controls off, the are just the pull off clips. Then its like 3 screws.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    If it is similar to the one that was in my truck its really simple. pull the dash panel over instrument cluster/controls off, the are just the pull off clips. Then its like 3 screws.
    thanks for all your help.