GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Spy Shots—Entire 2014 Camaro Lineup Caught Testing

Looks sweet...

The shooters at KGP Photography caught another Camaro test group, including prototypes for the new ’14 Camaro 1LE, and a fully undisguised ZL1 Coupe. This latest encounter gives the most complete look at the revamped ’14 Camaro lineup—including the ’14 1LE, ZL1 Coupe and Convertible, and the V6-powered Camaro RS. It's now possible to get a sense of how the various specs will be be trimmed out, beyond what was seen at the official unveiling at the New York Auto Show.

The 1LE spec uses the new-for-’14 Camaro SS styling, and incorporates the 1LE's trademarked blacked-out hood.

As reported, the ZL1 will not get the new front-end treatment that will be applied across the rest of the Camaro lineup, reportedly due to the engineering work that would be required. Instead, it carries over the existing front end and marries it to the Camaro's refreshed rear styling.

The lightly disguised ZL1 soft-topped prototype gives us our first look at the '14 Camaro's new tail treatment as a convertible. While the Camaro gets a new CHMSL integrated directly into the rear fascia, the ZL1 convertible prototype caught here also maintains the CHMSL that is mounted on the rear deck—just aft of the convertible top—resulting in a two-tiered CHMSL treatment. Combine that with the new rear wing and the shark-fin antenna mounted on the rear deck, and there is a lot going on at the rear of the new convertible Camaros. If this is indeed the final design for the updated convertible, then why not eliminate the deck-mounted CHMSL? It would seem to be a cost-saving measure to keep an existing part and save on the tooling costs.

The RS prototypes caught here reveal a cleaner front bumper, with smaller fog lights set wide and inset smoothly into the front fascia. The front bumpers' central intake is detailed with more elegant and streamlined horizontal strakes, compared to the chunkier and more aggressive look found on the SS.

Photo Credit: KGP Photography
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Somehow I don't like the tail lights on these, they are missing something that the previous model year had. I am going to assume they are LED tail lights. Other than that, they look ok.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I think they want them to look like a 68 or 69.. we will see soon..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Agree, those tail lights look like they're taken from a Toyota or Nissan parts bin. I like the previous tail lights much better. Otherwise, from the pics, they don't look too different. The hood scoops look good.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

what they should've redesigned is the the window height instead of the grille and tail lights! sure the car looks cool but you can't see a thing out of them. I actually kinda like the new tail lights though... since it helps square up the rear and look more 69ish. have to wait and see it in person

I'm waiting for them to make a design to look like the early 2nd gens. I'm not much on the 1st gens because of how I see a million and a half of them at every car show I go to. That's part of why I don't own a first gen, even though I've had opportunities to.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Old news travels fast sometimes.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today