GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Nissan Frontier roof rack on a Avalanche?

Well since I have the soft top on I need a place to mount my Kayak and Bike. The bike can fit in the bed under the top but not a Kayak.. So I was looking at racks
    for ontop of the cab..

What do you think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1692.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	51956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1693.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	51957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1694.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	51958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1695.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	51959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1697.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	51960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1698.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	51961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9037 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	51962
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Length looks good, width might be slightly narrow.
    On the plus side the Nissan rack has nice big feet to spread out the weight.
    Those front feet come close to the windshield, not sure how much room there is behind the windshield for fasteners and how well the curve of the feet will adapt to your roof line.
    A layer of rubber between the feet and windshield could make up the difference, maybe a scab plate under the roof at each foot to help hold things together.

Legend

I've been looking at it for a while the width is good BUT the Onstar/XM ant might be in the way.. I do like the way it looks and sweeps back towards the soft top.. I gotta see if I can find one in a junk yard..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Two options on the shark fin, either notch the foot, or my choice move the ant inboard a few inchs.

Looks heavy duty, the curve of the feet might be the only draw-back. Not interested in the stock GM racks?
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Looks heavy duty, the curve of the feet might be the only draw-back. Not interested in the stock GM racks?
    Nope I like the looks of this one much better Unless... HHHmmm I can get a rack and shorten it from a 06 (only ) Z71 Suburban the chrome one..