GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Best u-bolts?

Default Best u-bolts?

I just picked up an '86 K10 & the u-bolts are all jacked up. One of them is stripped & has been "fixed" by using double nuts. I want to know what the best u-bolts on the market are please.

Nick

I broke 2 of mine taking them off to install my traction bars. I just went to a local spring shop with the old broken bolts in hand. They made me new u bolts in under 10 minutes and it cost me around $14 total. Mine were longer than stock because of the rear lift blocks. I beat the crap out of that truck for years after that and never had an issue.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Find a local spring shop and have them manufacture a set to your trucks measurements.
    This way you can get correct length so they dont hang down to far and if need be they can use a thicker material if your running a high horsepower engine.

Ok, that's what I was thinking. Now, to find a spring shop around here!