GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    i know the up and down can be leveled, i will be doing that later, but its the open angle im talking about, like the angle in which they are positioned outward from the truck
    I was driving behind a 2500 this morning, both mirrors appear to be square to the perpendicular.

I now think the driver's side is good and the passenger side is top in and needs to be turned out, perhaps the bottom stud is not pulled in to the door frame.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Good info!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

you can adjust the forward and back pivot on the mirrors as far as folding them goes. there is a small cover over the hub that the arms of the mirrors connects to. inside are some torx screws that you can adjust the tension on. there are "stops" that will hold the mirror at a certain angle, or you can tighten the screws to hold them in or out more. if you need more info, let me know, ill take some pics of mine.

found this out when i bought my mirrors. One of them was at an odd angle and would not pivot.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

i was in san antonio this weekend and saw a nice white crew cab silverado, probably 2002... well he had the mirrors i have, so i got out of my truck and looked at his side to side, low and behold, his sit just like mine.... is this really how they designed them?
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

i was in san antonio this weekend and saw a nice white crew cab silverado, probably 2002... well he had the mirrors i have, so i got out of my truck and looked at his side to side, low and behold, his sit just like mine.... is this really how they designed them?
    Something tells me you're considering going back to OEM?

i still stand by my belief that gm probably designed the originals that way too. I played with my earlier ones a bit (the non-power camper mirrors available from gm from 99-07) and found that if I moved the passenger one to a normal angle so that it wasn't swept back, the pivot on the mirror glass didn't have enough movement to angle the glass to where I could see directly behind me. Based on this, I'm fairly certain it is part of the design for the mirrors to be swept back like that so that the glass doesn't have to be angled as much in relation to the mirror itself.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    you can adjust the forward and back pivot on the mirrors as far as folding them goes. there is a small cover over the hub that the arms of the mirrors connects to. inside are some torx screws that you can adjust the tension on. there are "stops" that will hold the mirror at a certain angle, or you can tighten the screws to hold them in or out more. if you need more info, let me know, ill take some pics of mine.

found this out when i bought my mirrors. One of them was at an odd angle and would not pivot.

Alex
    i would like some info on this adjustment, or pictures at least... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Something tells me you're considering going back to OEM?
    HECK NO!
    the amount of visibility i have gained with these tow mirrors is something i cannot do without now!

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    i still stand by my belief that gm probably designed the originals that way too. I played with my earlier ones a bit (the non-power camper mirrors available from gm from 99-07) and found that if I moved the passenger one to a normal angle so that it wasn't swept back, the pivot on the mirror glass didn't have enough movement to angle the glass to where I could see directly behind me. Based on this, I'm fairly certain it is part of the design for the mirrors to be swept back like that so that the glass doesn't have to be angled as much in relation to the mirror itself.
    i get exactly what your saying, and it does make sense, but Ill just have to figure it out with my setup. if the mirrors could be symmetrical and have enough adjustment I would be happy, but if not, oh well its just something i get to bicker about the rest of my life lol

ill try and get you some pictures when i get home from work today.

Alex

has anyone tried the aftermarket tow mirrors with the blinker and running lights on the side instead of on the mirror itself?

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Che...67/602795/2003

if u look at the second picture u can see it better

Quote Originally Posted by TheBADASSBOWTIE View Post
    has anyone tried the aftermarket tow mirrors with the blinker and running lights on the side instead of on the mirror itself?

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Che...67/602795/2003

if u look at the second picture u can see it better
    That's a good find! I'll be watching the reply's.