GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Sound of "splashing a water in half-full big bottle"

I have question about my Chevy Tahoe '12 LT.

Couple of days ago we had a huge rain. Next day, when I was driving, I was able to hear a clear sound similar to "splashing a water in half-full big bottle". I stopped and went around the car. On right side, right between front and back passenger's doors, there was a steady leak of water. I have checked inside the cabin for any water and found none. No smell either.

Anyone have any ideas what I am dealing with? Thank you.

Maybe a body drain hole is clogged so the water isn't draining out right.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

oook... I'll check that tonight... thank you, Conlan Rose.

There should be drains on each side of the cowl grill, below the wipers. You should be able to see them when you pop the hood. (at least you can on my 2005). Does is have a sun roof? there are drain tubes that run down from the front corners of the track area, down the "A" pillar and out by the bottom of the door up near the hinge .

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Re: Pikey

It does have sun-roof. The sound was coming from back right-side of the car. I'll check tonight for your suggestions. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Maybe a body drain hole is clogged so the water isn't draining out right.
    I'm thinking a drain hole in the right rear door, letting the door fill with water.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I agree with RayVoy...I've had that happen to me after heavy rain, when the truck was parked. Water was trapped in the bottom of one of my doors...drain hole clogged!
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Hi guys,
    I have checked all doors found no holes or drains in them. Also, no holes or drains in steps. I have checked the sun-roof. And there two drain holes.
    I'll check with dealer tonight and I'll let you know.
    Thanks.