GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Has anyone used this online retailer before?

I am looking at purchasing some supplies and messing around with making my own bio diesel and want to know if anyone has heard of (good or bad) or had any experiences with Utah Bio Diesel:

http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/

Not me... but I have a question... I wonder if you use oil from MD's if your exhaust will smell like french fries? Just wondering...LOL....
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

I've used them for parts and supplies back when I was making Bio Diesel a few years ago, they werent noteable but then I never had problems with them either.

Yes you can get a slight french fry smell from the exhaust, oil used for fish has a real strong odor when burned, chicken smells too but not like chicken, almost a burning grass smell.
    Ive been told if your smelling these odors your not getting enough impurities out, I used to tripple strain and still got the odor so I dont know what the answer was.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Not me... but I have a question... I wonder if you use oil from MD's if your exhaust will smell like french fries? Just wondering...LOL....
    I have been behind a diesel that smelled like MD's french fries a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I've used them for parts and supplies back when I was making Bio Diesel a few years ago, they werent noteable but then I never had problems with them either.

Yes you can get a slight french fry smell from the exhaust, oil used for fish has a real strong odor when burned, chicken smells too but not like chicken, almost a burning grass smell.
    Ive been told if your smelling these odors your not getting enough impurities out, I used to tripple strain and still got the odor so I dont know what the answer was.
    Cool, thanks, I went ahead and ordered some small stuff to see how it goes before ordering any major stuff.