GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default running problems

Hey everyone. First thanks in advance for reading my posts and giving some input.
    I have a 94 chevy c1500 v8 5.7L
    Every so often my truck will turn off while driving and usually just start right baxk up. The first time it happened i replaced the battery, still nothing but then i took off and put back on the cable from starter to distribution cap for the spark plugs. She ran good after and then happened every once ina while. Yesterday i replaced all the spark plug cables for a start. Today it turned off twice while driving. I was planning on replacing the spark plugs too just so more is updated. Anyone had this or seen it before?

And another unrelated problem...
    My wipers will turn off sometimes while using, sometimes not even start up at all. Just wondering if it would be a good start to switch the wiper pulse board or is anyone else had this problem and did something different to fix it.

check your disributor cap you might have some corrosion built up on one or two of the terminals inside an when it hits just right is enough to kill it. the other thing is check your ignition coil, i just had to replace min on my 87 suburban, it was strong enough to start the truck and i could drive but had a hell of a miss fire so i changed the plugs and wires and checked my dist. cap and it still was doing it changed out the ign. coil and were good to go. somtimes they start to go out and will work just not the right way. and on the wiper deal i have been told you can open the wiper motor an solder the terminals on the pulse board and it will fix your problem ( the factory solder burns up after years) but i have not tried it myself, might be something to look into.
    IF IT AINT BROKE DRIVE IT HARDER!!!!

hockey is life everything else is a crutch

Cap and rotor or ignition control module.... I have seen it happen with both.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Thx guys. I started out with replacing the icm and ill see if that was it. Then ill move on to replacing the cap if it still continues.

I have actually had that problem on a 95 2500 GMC and I wound up changing the distributor cap, module and coil, found out later on that is was a bad coil and the cap was cracked. Kept the module for a spare.
    Ford has a better idea! Drive a GM!

07 GMC Sierra Classic
    07 Honda Accord EX-L

68 Camaro (blown)
    2011 Ford F550 V10
    I don't own this truck, I just drive it!