GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome, and congrats on your new ride. You are going to love having a truck.

I would go with leveling the truck(+2" up in front, or down in back, but longbeds look better up than down), spray-in bedliner, cat-back dual exhaust. Remember, in most cases, less is more. If you load it down with mods, it will look like you walked through Pep Boys with a magnet, and bought anything that stuck.

jim

Being in SE Va a place to look for Mods is just over the border to NC on 168. They have a bunch of stuff for trucks. Things like window visors, bed covers, side steps and anything needed for towing.
    My first 3 mods were a tonnaeu cover. I actually ordered it the day after I bought the truck. My level kit. And my Recon white lightning tailgate lightbar.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by chevyson View Post
    1) What site do you recommend for truck accessories?
    2) What were the first 3 accessories you bought for your truck?
    3) I don't know how hardcore the Silverado community is, but some tell me it rivals Corvette's fan base.....true?
    Welcome and congrats!

My answers to your questions (in order) are:

1. Amazon.com -- price check elsewhere first, then see if Amazon has it for less (especially if you're a Prime member, as shipping is free)
    2. Wheels, tires, and fender flares (but my truck was used and already lifted with one I liked. I'd have done lift, wheels, and tires if it hadn't been)
    3. Depends entirely on the fan.

Hey, Congrats on the the truck! For me AUTOANYTHING.COM has been a great source for parts, however that being said there is a lot of things they dont have. When you are looking for parts google is your friend and so is AMAZON. I know that personally with that truck the first thing i would be doing is getting different tires, a tune and a BANKS
    POWER KIT. But that is just me. When you are looking to mod things with a new truck though I would be careful and make sure what you want to do will not void your warranty.
    1) Amazon.com, Autoanything.com, google search for silverado accessories.
    2)my first 3 mods- Bullly Dog programmer, 4" rough country lift, rims and tires.
    3) I would say there are more of us then for the corvettes but they are a lot more extreme then we are. IMO.
    Have fun with your new truck, cant wait to see those pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12