GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Finally Arrived - Need accessories suggestions

Hello GMTC!!

My name is James, and less than 24 hours bought my first GM truck, 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, Crew Cab, with the 8ft bed (yeah diving into the deep end of the pool)

Unfortunately the dealer has to have it delivered since the one we wanted was somewhere out of state.

I have owned a RX-7, a few Honda racers, and a couple of Honda SUVs, but I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited about owning a vehicle. I think the whole "anticipation" adds to it, but that hasn't stopped me from looking at what toys to buy for it.

I live in Southeast Virginia, married for about 3 years, no kids yet. I work for the state government as a computer network engineer. I love to smoke cigars, drink any fine liquor of the whisky variety, play poker, watch my Vikings play, and Nascar (yea, prototypical male).

My dad grew me up in the tradition to have no love for Ford, and years and years later, it amazes me to see that it stuck. I will post pics once I get the truck, oh will I post pics LOL....

So lets the start the n00b questions that probably will get answered with a forum thread link because I am too lazy to search:

1) What site do you recommend for truck accessories?
    2) What were the first 3 accessories you bought for your truck?
    3) I don't know how hardcore the Silverado community is, but some tell me it rivals Corvette's fan base.....true?

Can't wait to hit the road with her!!

Welcome to the club James, it's great to have you aboard.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the club, Glad to have you. Can’t wait to see the pics, Have a question if you have not received the truck yet. How do you know it’s a her.

Your accessories question- well depends what you are going for, look or performance. My first three were, leveling kit, new headlight bulbs, window vents.

About the rival you speak of. That would be news to me also make no sense to me as well, could be wrong.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Welcome to the site! You'll find lots of info about accessories here! So far as sites for parts, I have nothing but good things to say about www.autoanything.com . I purchased most of my lighting upgrades from a company called RECON, but that was my personal preference.
    As for my first three accessories? I HAD to get side steps (vertically challenged people in the family), spray-in bed liner, and a tonneau cover. I do a lot of traveling and a locking tonneau was a necessity. Figure those bits are great for general upgrades! Good luck on moddin, and keep the questions coming!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Jr. Engineer

Welcome to The Club. Love those 8ft beds.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Congrats on the new ride... Now is the time to buy too..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Dealer called today and said I should be getting her tomorrow or Wednesday. Will have pics to post.

Already bought a bedrub and front WeatherTech floor liners......

Next up, bed cover, any suggestions?

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!

I moved your thread to here and changed your title slightly to align more with your subject. By doing this, it will get you more responses/opinions.

Good luck and have fun!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Congrats dude! If you're planning to get a tonno cover, you have many options from soft to hard cover. Bed covers also differ from hinged, roll-up, retractable and folding style. Some popular brands are Truxedo, Undercover and Extang. So, it depends on your personal preference and needs when you buy a bed cover.